Cornwall I experiment

dtr20

6 minutes ago, avguytx said:

I can't stay in this conversation.  It's like talking to my son about building a Cisco network for the city.

Haha ... I won't either with comments like that :( 

OK; see that comment was retracted ... thank you.

11 minutes ago, Emile said:

Yes; I would completely support that ... unfortunately Klipsch wholesales many parts to other dealers such as SpeakerExchange, etc. So; unless they quit that, there is no way they can prevent that.

My problem is that they arbitrarily pick some products to control.  And then run their customers through a series of inquisitions; finally telling them to go screw themselves :( 

7 minutes ago, Emile said:

1st part ... I appreciate your opinion, but many business "case studies" will contradict this.

2nd part ... QED

This is almost painfully humorous to read.  

3 minutes ago, avguytx said:

I guess if it really ruffles your feathers, go buy something else and start over.

Yes; mismanagement of a company really bothers me.  As I stated before, I will not buy any new Klipsch products - OK; maybe some more used stuff :D 

Cheers, Emile

3 hours ago, Bacek said:

I would not  trade any part of Cornwall (K55/K77 based) for any part of Forte. Had Forte I, heard Forte III. Old Cornwalls are one of best speakers I have ever heard (in any price range). Of course they are no perfect but I realy like them.

In this scenario, I would be using a forte III mid-range horn (with mumps) with an A55G driver from Bob Crites to replace the K55 driver. Still not sure on the tweeter. I have a mic for measuring, but I haven't used it yet, therefore I don't know what I'm doing. 🙂

• Like 1