Cornwalls for sale!

Cornwalled

Hey guys,

After much consideration, I have decided to sell my cornwalls. I have moved into a smaller place, and I really don't have the room for them. They're kind of crowding me out of my own room...lol. I need a little more room.

I tried to attach two pictures, but it would only let me attach one for whatever reason. The cabinets are pretty rough, they've got a lot of scratches, nicks, etc. They are not lookers. Basically the worst spot is the tops, but they've got surface scratches throughout. They work perfectly though, and sound excellent. They are made in 1981, and are black. They have the K-77-M tweeters, K-55-V midrange (squawker), and K-33-E woofers.

One of the speakers doesn't have a real Klipsch K-33-E in it, I'm not sure what it is, but it really sounds good, I can't tell the difference between that and the real Klipsch one.

I am looking for $350 for these speakers, which I don't think is unreasonable. I've been watching eBay for a while, trying to get an idea of what cornwalls go for. Cornwalls in good shape (with only minor scratches) seem to go in the $600-700+ range. I think I'm giving a good discount for heavily scuffed cabinets. They are still structurally sound, and work GREAT though.

I am going to be taking some more pictures of these pictures, so if you'd like to see more, just e-mail me, and I'd be glad to send them. I will also try to post them here. If any one knows any good ways to go about it, let me know.

I wanted to let you guys know about these speakers first, before I put 'em on ePay. You've given me good advice over the time I've had these, so I wanted to sell 'em to someone who will really enjoy them.

My e-mail is markvi82@hotmail.com you can either e-mail me, or reply here.

post-6873-13819245572106_thumb.jpg

Good day Cornwalled!

Just bumped into your message on the Klipsch bulletin Board, and i may have a rather shocking proposal to make. (Too bad you have to get rid of these remarkable classics! But a very nice gesture to offer first to board members!)

All Klipsch products are extremely hard to get by in the Olde Worlde - even more so the older models - currently I own a pair of Heresy I's but have been searching for eternity for a pair of Cornwalls; they show up maybe once a year on German E-Bay and go for outrageous prices. Lately some german guy offered Cornwall empty cabinets, which is promising in itself but challenges me with a new problem: how to fill 'em up! i guess you see where this is heading: i wondered if you are willing to commit the sacrilage of taking the speakers and network apart and sell them seperately. I'm willing to pay the full price you asked, so you can sell the apparently not-so-perfect cabinets seperately. If you don't feel like mailing stuff overseas i can even provide you with a friends adress who lives in the US.

I hope this pretty indecent proposal didn't shock you too much and of course am hoping for a positive reply!

Sincerely,

Jan Sennema, Amsterdam, Olde Worlde

Hey Cornwalled!

Thanks for the opportunity to pick up your Cornwalls!!!

Got them home Friday (round trip was 425 mi, hooked 'em up and they sound great!

A/B'd them with the Forte II and there really isn't any comaprison. Even my wife agreed that they sound better!, though she is getting a bit pissed at my hobby.

Am going to try to rehab the cabinets, they were raw birch so I will sand and smooth out the rough spots (lots of them) and apply a good birch or oak veneer to see how they look before building new cabinets (even though the Cornwall birch cabinets appear to be all butt jointed with no routing).

My son Matthew just loves them! He is only eight but has the wisdom of his old man. He saw how rough the cabinets were but when he heard them he said "you can't judge a book by it's cover Dad!", how true!!! He already is beginning to see the heritage of quality and value in the Klipsch products I have. I keep telling him that all of this stuff will be his, after I'm gone, that is!!!

The only draw back is that one of the woofers is not a K-33-E and I would like to be able to pick one up, just to make everything original.

Do any of the "Heritage Gang" who frequest these pages have an extra K-33-E woofer that they would be willing to part with? If so, please let me know!

Thanks Cornwalled!!!

Jim