I just bought some Heresy's

justin_tx_16

Justin,

first...congratulations on your purchase...you got em for about half what they sold for in 1978. Your pics you sent to me show them to be HDBR(heresy, decorator, birch, raw) models that have been stained a dark walnut. The serial numbers are 57S124 and 57S125...not 578124 and 578125. They were built in 1978...likely by me.

Gwin Cox did the final assembly(installed the components and backs) and inspection ...and Mr. Bradford did the testing on them.

1978 was the first ENTIRE year the decorator birch heresy had a dropped-in grille cloth panel on it...the production of the cabinets for that type of grille started in 1977...just after mid year. It was almost a year later before the decorator birch Cornwalls got the same type of drop-in grille panel....early-mid 1978.

All-in-all...you should have a very good pair of Heresys...look for my builder code on the rear speaker edges near the corner when you get them. It will either be one or two letters stamped in...and one of the letters will be an "A".

You don't need much power to play these...and the Heresy is the most "forgiving" of all the Heritage line when it comes to the equipment used with them...one of its many attributes!! Things that are heard on the other heritage models...things that your equipment produces, but you don't want to hear...just aren't as noticeable on the Heresy. That is one of the reasons it was the biggest seller of the line...the main reason was its being the least expensive! LOL!

Funny thing is....when you get to college...you will find that lots of the folks there have speakers about the size of Heresys...and some much larger...but unless they are also Klipsch speakers...the Heresys will blow anything you run into out of the water, especially in their own size range!! And you can always "rub it in" by saying yours only cost 300 bucks!! LOL!

Enjoy!!

Hey great!!!! So you got Heresy I's.. Wooo hoooo

enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy rest, two, three, four, take a breath enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy LOL

Just excited for you.