Home Theater Advice

Mlakes

Hello. 

New to the home theater realm and looking for advice. I am finishing my basement and am putting in a home theater. The area for it will be approximately 23 ft long by 14 ft wide with 8 ft ceilings. It will have most of the right side open to an additional area. Id like to do a 7.2 setup and can do in wall speakers or tower. I have 2 rsw-12 and the opportunity to get 2 rp-240s for the side surrounds. Is this ok? What would be recommended for the fronts, center and rear surrounds.  I would like options that would go well with what I have as well as ideas in price ranges from low mids to upper mids.

Thanks,

Mark 

@Mlakes,

Welcome to the forum.

48 minutes ago, Mlakes said:

I am finishing my basement and am putting in a home theater. The area for it will be approximately 23 ft long by 14 ft wide with 8 ft ceilings.

49 minutes ago, Mlakes said:

It will have most of the right side open to an additional area.

Is it possible to have the open end at the rear of the room?  Much easier to balance the system that way.

50 minutes ago, Mlakes said:

Id like to do a 7.2 setup and can do in wall speakers or tower. I have 2 rsw-12 and the opportunity to get 2 rp-240s for the side surrounds. Is this ok? What would be recommended for the fronts, center and rear surrounds.

Since you already have RP speakers, I say go with RPs up front also.  Maybe the RP-280Fs(first version) or the RP-8000Fs(second version) and either of their corresponding RP center speakers.  The twin RSW12s are great and should do the trick pretty well.

Bill