RF63 VS RP280F

Bigzeus

So i've come across a couple great used deals...  a pair of like new condition RF63  priced at 600euros($677)  and a basically new (2019) RP280F's for 900 euros ($1016)

I know the RF's are something special and much older but........ !!!!     can't seem to come to a decision.    Home theater set up with a Denon X2600H,, center R-34C, surrounds RP-402S,, front height R-41SA, Sub SPL-120SW,  and currently  the fronts Mirage M-790 which i want to replace.

Any advise and suggestions are welcome !  

@Bigzeus,

Welcome to the forum.

So my opinion might be a bit biased but I have shared many times on this forum how special RF-63's are.  They are so well balanced from top to bottom that you might think they were a $5,000 pair of 3-way floorstanders.  They just do music right.  No obvious coloration or any over emphasized sections of the frequency range.  Fast punchy bass, sweet velvety midrange, and some nice sizzle on top.

I have never heard the RP280F's but heard others praise them.

Bill

• Like 1

thanks so much for your input and opinion.  As my listening passion for music is high and seeing you have them in your family room... I value that part of your commentary.   

Also as they are a rare find I think I'll go for the RF's , you can always find the RP's easily going forward, right?  

Anyway thanks again,  and I may say this forum is great, lots of very helpful info all around.

John

1 hour ago, Bigzeus said:

Also as they are a rare find I think I'll go for the RF's , you can always find the RP's easily going forward, right?

Yes they are a rare find even here in the US and the RP's will be produced for some time.

Keep in mind that the RF-63's are pretty deep at 49.53cm.

Where in Europe do you live?

Enjoy the music.

Bill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...