Digital cameras ? need help !

Dale W

Thanx again gentleman ( and FINI ) this is worse than shopping for a good amp. Maybe i'll just get a disposable plastic one and take the cash. Head on down to the klipsch HQ and check things out.

Been reading some decent reviews on the nikkon line up but the price is way up there.Problem #2 is if i get something thats not to user friendly then the wife might not take to it.Hell she can't even figure out how to turn on my stereo gear. ( Thats a good thing ) .

Some of this middle to high end stuff has so many functions to play around with that it takes the fun out of taking pictures because your always trying something different.

I dont think there is such a thing as a high end point and shoot digital.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have your camera shop print them, mine charges $0.25 per print at 4"x6". They give me so many coupons, never have to pay for a large print. Don't think the quality can be beat, and I'll bet the variable cost of home materials alone would be substantially higher than what the camera shop charges. 2.gif Solid wax printers look better than inkjets on junk paper.

I purchased a Canon Powershot G2 last week and ended up taking it back and exchanging it for the Fuji S602Z. Personally, even though the Canon is 4MP and the Fuji is 3.1MP, I like the feel of the Fuji so much more. The Canon does edge it out on clarity just a bit but it handles like crap to me.

Justin_TX did you take this picture at that restaurant by the water in Wimberly between San Marcos and Austin? I forget the name of it.

http://www.soundwise.org/klipschubb/justin_tx_16/winebottlerack.JPG

Look at the CD MAVICA 400

4 megapixels+, About 649 dollars... Shoots on to a mini 3" CD (Hundereds...I mean hundreds of pics per cd), You can use re writables too... Amazing detail, no cords, no download times,...easier to manage than memory cards, etc., etc... Drop it into your computer..save what you want, disreguard the rest.

This just might be the best option of a digital camera that you might need or look for in the next 4-10 years.

Ok my opinion but what else do you need??

I am extreemly pleased with mine!

A guy recently shot a wedding and had the whole wedding already on a big screen at the reception. Instant gratification, it was awesome.

Also easy to add wide angle lenses as well as do other camera tricks too.

After you add up the real cost of memory sticks..(that get broken or corrupted) and can be a "point and shoot" to professional settings to several camera effects.. I just feel that SONY has a home run with this one.

My 2 cents.

There might not be a huge push for this camera at your local camera shop. Why>>?? Because what else do you need THEM for?? Again my opinion..LOL

Well the xmas party is over and i got my minotla 7i .

Now i'm not sure i want it !! lol

spent most of sunday reading the 168 page manual on the camera then the 89 page book on the computer program.

Took a few pics and downloaded them. very NICE !!

The olny thing i don't really care for is the electronic viewfinder, kind of hard to see the digital version of the field.