English Klipsch owner.

flappycars

Hi Guys,

I was stationed in Hessisch Oldendorf (Air Force) from September of '78 to May of '82. HO was a little town just 30 minutes or so from Hanover (Northern Germany). I worked on top of a mountain (Bad Munder) as an Air Traffic Controller and we were responsible for keeping an eye on the Berlin Corridor (we were only 2 minutes from East Germany by air). We were a mobile unit as well and were always out in the field (gas masks and M-16's, baby!).

I really enjoyed my time over there and did a lot of traveling. I was on the base volleyball and bowling teams, and hit all the bases and surroundings. I was only 3 hours from Amsterdam and Denmark, and spent a lot of times in those places. Denmark has the most beautiful and nicest women in the world imho. One of the things I really miss about Germany is the Greek restaurants. You could get a Gyro platter complete with gyro, souvlaki, suzuki (seasoned hamburger), seasoned rice, greek salad and two shots of ouzo (one before and after the meal), all for about $5. For some reason, you can't get the same thing here in the US.

As for where I am now, I live about 15 minutes outside of Orlando. Anybody from this board in my neck of the woods always has a place to stay while visiting. I must say, I sure would like to get back over to Europe and show my girlfriend some of the places I used to hang out at. I look back on it now and that was one of the funnest times I ever had...

Mike

Flappycars, I hope to visit your area next year. Welcome to the forum... You definitely win the most blithesome name of the month award!

Did want to ask you, what version of the Simply Four amp are you running? DId you get the Triode or Pentode version? Have you had any DHT triode non-parallel single-ended offerings with your Klipsch? Also, any vintage?

But I actually imagine the Simply Four to be a good amp for the Chorus... although the real DHT triode not run in parallel mode would probably offer the best taste of what SET can offer (depending on your musical taste and listening habits).

kh

Mike,

The traditional ouzo is still today part of every meal in a greek restaurant. I love it too. I remember my vacancies in Greek, where i brushed my tooth every morning with ouzo. LOL.

Gruss Gott John,

I only remember the castle Marienberg, where i had this spring a visit with my wife and son. And the beer in Franken is good, even for me as Bavarian. Did you ever came to Bavaria, i.e. Munich, Chiemsee?

But for everyone who read this, i'm not an alcoholic. LOL.

Ade

Bernd

I liked the Romer Pilsner...drank a decent amount of it in Niederheimbach...but the wine was my favorite. The Rullang family with whom I stayed when visiting there were vintners...and it was not uncommon for them to break out the eiswien when I visited!! I still cringe over Herr Rullang pouring bottles of eiswien down the sink if they looked "fishy" to him(any sediment in the bottle)!! I never realized how rare a treat it is to have eiswien until I returned to the States...but the vintners always seemed to have a few bottles in the wienkellars along the Rhine!! Niederheimbach is between Bingen and Lorelei...on the same bank of the Rhein as Bingen...probably about 20 km from Bingen. We went to all the wienfests, musikfests, schutzenfests, and schwimmfests in the summers whenever I was there. Always something going on over the weekends in the summer along the Rhine!! Herr Rullang ran the family vinyards, his brother was burgermeister, and another brother was the forstmeister in the Taunus Mountains across the river. We often had wild pheasant for dinner with some eiswien...the pheasant being supplied by the forstmeister brother. All three of these brothers had been POW's during WWII, and had ended up in Illinois on the same farm. THey often talked about their experiences there and how much they enjoyed working on the farm in America. They loved the bib overalls they wore there...and when I had my father send some over to me for Christmas presents for them, they proudly wore them about the village!! 1.gif

Mobile homeless,

I am not an expert in electronics. However I can tell you it is triode version and 11 watts per channel. There is a feedback switch to boost output to 20 watts. I understand it works in "push-pull" mode, but it sounds better with it off.

My musical tastes vary. Acoustic music like Irish and Scottish trad and Folk/ rockfusion. Also lots of classical and rock and ...well allsorts really

If I use it in push pull mode it is effectively operating as a pentode is it not?

I have used other amps with Chorus but not vintage. Have tried "hybrids" but like the sound of the all valve much more

John C

Bernd,

I never did get to the rest of Bavaria, not yet. I like the Wurzburg beer very much (Wurzburger Hofbrau) and I am VERY familiar with the wine and regions, main producers, soil types, grape varieties etc. My favourite would be a Rieslaner Auslese (Lieblich) grown on Muschellkalk soil overlooking the Main , just down from, say Randersacker, Somerhausen is good.

I like the trockens and halbtrockens of course also, eg Sylvaner, Weisser burgunder.

Shame 60% of vines are Muller Thurgau.

For those who dont know thats the BOSE of vines! LOL>

John C