Dakota Staton

T2K

Kieth,

I no longer have any of her LP's with me, but I am a fan of Dakota Staton. In my early years as a Jazz lover, I had many of her LP's recorded on the Capitol label. Another female vocalist I recently mentioned to someone was Nancy Wilson, who was also available on the Capitol label. Her music is worth owning.

Klipsch out.

There are many, many wonderful female "jazz" vocalist with so much to offer musically. And of course I know of Carmen McRae. While many of you are considering female vocalist, including the ones stated above, don't forget to look for recordings by Dinah Washington, Abbey Lincoln, Nina Simone, Betty Carter, and Shirley Horn, just to name a few. Finding LP's by Shirley Horn are rare because most of her LP's were on European labels, but you can find her on the little silver colored discs. BTW, Shirley Horn was Miles Davis's favorite.

Klipsch out.

I used to own both Dakata Staton LP's you cited. I would love to find them again. I wonder what chances are that my mom did not toss that box of vinyl I stored in her basement. I'm almost afraid to ask for fear of being chewed out for not picking them up years ago.

Klipsch out.