Tropical Storm Arthur/Amanda/Cristobal

billybob

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, billybob said:

Inside work

That's the part that almost makes it fun, no humidity, work in the ac is almost not work. I do have the 19 yo grandson helping which helps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RandyH said:

I hope you get better --I have a rider that I use for snowblowing ,  I destroyed a few riders with the grass ---- I  have small and big commercial mowers for thick brush and small branches that grow on top of grass  ----at 275 ,I aint small either and the exercise  the hard work, and getting dirty  is my way to stay strong  ,  tell you what , it's a lot easier than lifting railroad ties  -

Dang, you are healthy. Yes, I workout every other day now with metal. Iron , steel, rails...

Thanks!

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, RandyH said:

in the Southern heat ,  and the Southern soil ---wow ---

It will kick your butt, plus I was a little younger. Well those hundreds were over a few trips spread out.

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Dang, you are healthy. Yes, I workout every other day now with metal. Iron , steel, rails...

Thanks!

Keep doing it, it will really help in the long run.

I say this because when I redid the garden I had a couple big rocks I had collected years earlier when I was in better shape, I rolled them in the trailer when I got them. When I went to put them in the garden I had to move them again, well I found I had a very hard time just rolling them over, I had to get the tractor. Now they are big but it was still the same rock.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Thanks!

good man --one can do sports at any age -Albert Beckles was 84 in this interview in 2015---

• Moderators

Looked up some of his pictures, he has been at it for a long time, unbelievable shape well past 60.

Well still raining, checked and emptied the gauge a couple hours ago and it was 3.5 inches. A few gust but nothing really, but everything is being watered well if nothing else.

• Like 1

• Moderators

That's a long way for gulf moisture to travel. After I emptied the rain  gauge when I said 3.5" it collected just short of another 2.75 so the total was a little over 6". And now that it's sunny again the humidity has not gone below 75%, the first day stayed 81% or higher.

• Like 2