What the Friggin Heck Are They Talking About?

thebes

Got a new c-phone, Samsung S9, and was fooling around with the Settings.  Naturally, I'm drawn to the header called "Sounds and Vibration", granted mostly for the vibration aspect. So under "Sound quality and effects" there is a setting, I kid you not for "Tube Amp Pro".  The descriptor is "Simulate the soft  timbre of a tube amplifier"

Soft timbre? Maybe those South Korean software engineers might want to have a conversation with their Japanese counterparts. Or better yet pick up some old American audio magazines and realize that "soft timbre" was the last thing on the minds of tube engineers back in the day.

I'll tel you this the next clown who calls my all tube system "soft timbre" is gonna get smacked upside...

• Like 1

I'm with you Thebes in grouchyness over cell phones.  One friend in the burbs is fond of going downstairs to do laundry and put me on speakerphone.  Ugg.

When I become king the standard will be to simulate a twisted pair on a Princess Phone, like in the good old days.

WMcD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In digital photography, you have the option to select all brands of analog film (Kodak 'tmax, velvia, formapan etc) 

I see a great future for an app allowing tube rolling on your smartphone: in the free version with adds, you get the China tubes and Russians, in the paid version you get no ads and the jj' s, the Siemens, Philips and rare NOS tubes....

You can make big bucks with the hipsters!!!! 

• Haha 1