K-55V Dual Phase Solder Terminal pair of drivers still wanted.

twistedcrankcammer

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

$315 shipped.  Wires attached.  I have already posted photos from your last request.

No trades, no paypal.  USPS Money order or bank check.  Let me know.

Jimbo,

Sorry I did not see this earlier, Skelt already sent me a PM for his with wires for same price or I would have bought yours.

Roger

40 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

Check the Craigslist for Long Island, NY

A guy is selling 4 - K55 V's, but I am not sure if the were the early or later versions. IIRC, he has them for a reasonable price

Are you talking about the guy who has four K-55Vs for $800?

Thanks for trying to help me out Tom.  :D

Yeah, he is going to have those for a long time, that is $200 a piece or $4oo per pair and shipping is additional and they are the less desirable K-55V push pin drivers.

I already have K-55V push pin drivers that I want to replace with K-55V solder terminals. The  solder terminal ones have a dual phase plug and sound better and graph flatter than the single phase plug K-55V push pins.

These speakers are a gift to my daughter and that is why I only want the best for her.

Thanks Jimbo, I already responded to Skelt for $315 shipped, but if anything goes wrong, I will contact you next.

Roger

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

$315 shipped.  Wires attached.  I have already posted photos from your last request.

No trades, no paypal.  USPS Money order or bank check.  Let me know.

Jim, 

I thought it over and I am going to buy both pairs, yours and Skelts. I have a few pairs of Push Pins and M's to put on ebay after I receive yours and skelts.

Wife is not of work until Thursday, where do you want her to send the check ??

Roger

1 hour ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Jim, 

I thought it over and I am going to buy both pairs, yours and Skelts. I have a few pairs of Push Pins and M's to put on ebay after I receive yours and skelts.

Wife is not of work until Thursday, where do you want her to send the check ??

Roger

PM sent

Roger, My memory was that they were K-55V's without remembering the specific configuration. As far as the price, on Craigslist the asking price and actual selling price can be very different - sometimes quite different. Water under the bridge now, since it looks like you are all set.

Good luck,

-Tom

On 6/9/2020 at 10:00 PM, PrestonTom said:

Roger, My memory was that they were K-55V's without remembering the specific configuration. As far as the price, on Craigslist the asking price and actual selling price can be very different - sometimes quite different. Water under the bridge now, since it looks like you are all set.

Good luck,

-Tom

Like I said Tom, thankyou for your effort to try to help me. I already have a pair of K-55V push pins in the Heresy's for my daughter and her pro Split LaScalas have the K-55M's in them. I have always heard the K-55M's play the hotter and that the K-55V's with dual phase plug and solder terminals play the flattest and sound the beast. I just bought two pairs of K-55V's with dual phase plugs with solder terminals. Luther Ward is a friend and is going to veneer these four speakers for me, they are at his house. Plans are to put one K-55V solder terminal in one Heresy that the other one will have a single phase plug K-55V push pin and replace one K-55M in one split LaScala and A /B one set of speakers at a time on a Pioneer SX-3900 identical to my daughters. The A /B comparison will be done in mono, not stereo and mostly all vocals. The Heresy's with their K-600 horns will be mostly tested on female vocals and the pair of LaScalas with their K-400 horn will be mostly Male and female vocals. Presently, I would like to find a single Pro Split LaScala's with metal trim or a pair to sell one off to achieve a perfectly matched center and obviously I want to do this prior to having the speakers veneered. Thanks again... Roger