Dogg Digital Audio

zandern

Anyone ever heard of this company before? Someone at my college is selling these because he said they are too big for his dorm and he doesn't want to keep moving them. He is selling them for $1000 for the pair, MSRV is $1499 each. I don't intend on buying them at all, but just wondering what peoples opinions of these speakers were. The web site is www.doggdigitalaudio.com and it lists their other speakers there. Not much variety. Also everything is like one of two prices. Doesn't seem right to me. The tweeters are made of silk fiber or something like that. Isn't silk suppost to be one of the cheapest materials for tweeters? Or since its silk fiber or whatever is it better?

post-8985-13819245685296_thumb.jpg

Those dogg speakers are the same as the ones that a White Van Co. tried to sell me outside a winn-dixie a few weeks ago.

Being the kind of speaker that people in white vans drive around selling they propably sound like crap and are likely made with cheap parts and a cheap crossover or none at all.

Here is the thread where they were mentioned.

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=27012&sessionID={63DA8663-710D-40C1-B112-7E60794010B1}

Peace, Josh

wondering if HE got screwed by the white vans and is trying to get SOMETHING back.

you MUST listen to them, unbiased. Just cause he may say this and that, let that not influence you.

I have heard of these, not connected with the White Van's... but it was not a good conversation. Similar to one comparing BOSE to Klipsch and whatnot.

Ok, so I went to the web site again. The first time I just looked at the products. Everything was one of two prices, so I thought this was weird. So I go again after finding out this is associated with the white van co. This time I looked more closely. I go to contact info. Just 4-5 lines of how to get a hold of them. That's all the page had. Looked at other pages, like "about us" and realized someone made this whole webpage probably in a day of two if they are good. There isn't much info on any of the speakers. So I am dead set that this is strickly a rip off company. I couldn't find anyting about dealers. They want you to purchase online or over the phone. Other companies you tell what you want, they show what you ordered, talk about contract, etc. THIS COMPANY FIRST THING THEY WANT IS A CREDIT CARD NUMBER! The have a little motto, "you save when you buy directly from us." Probably cause you can't buy from anywhere else. Maybe you can but I didn't see it. Why would anyone buy something that expensive w/o listening to it first. I really want to visit that guy now. See if he got ripped off or if he is trying to rip people off.