Check my over-the-top ad on AudiogoN

Deang

Wow! It took me 10 minutes to read. 3.gif I don't get it Dean. You just finished these and now you're getting rid of them?

I would go for the La Scala's if I were you. Especially with that 300B amp. Put a pair of ALK's or A networks on them, and then replace the K400's with a pair of Altec 511B's. You will never badmouth the La Scala again my friend. 1.gif

Mike

SET has ruined me.

I only like the DQ's when they're pushed to their limits. Yes, sounds outstanding. However, my wife has to literally peel me out of my chair upstairs now. At anything but the most outrageous listening levels -- the DQ's sound almost one dimensional compared to the Apollos and RF7's.

I really want to try some Heritage or other form of horns. However, with money being the way it is right now, I have to sell something off to give it a whirl. I'm hoping I can move the DQ's and Aragon for $1900. This should get me into some Heritage and Eico or Scott.

The experiment was important. Everything I have done over the last year or so has been simply to validate for myself what creates the most musical, satisfying experience. The DQ-10 is an outstanding speaker -- but has not been fairing well against the RF7's and Apollos.

The truth is, if I can top the sound I have downstairs for the same amount of money -- why not? The DQ's were fun, and I learned a ton. However, it's time for me to find out for myself if three-horns are as obnoxious as I think they are:) Crap, I've been wrong about everything else I ever thought, I figure I'm probably wrong about this too.

It'll be interesting to see if they sell. If I can't move them I may have to resort to using my imagination. Maybe split the crossover up and biamp them with some 50wpc ultralinear amps.

Ed,

Want to see my last email from my wife? I sent her an untitled email to test the waters so to speak. Her main objection is the size. She's a good trooper and would probably let me buy a pair if I really wanted. I thought that if I sold everything off, I could put something like the Eico or Scott on the RF7's, and buy some 2a3 offering for the K-horns. The truth is, I have no good place to put them, and the thought of selling the Apollos off or changing what I have going on right now with the RF7's kind of gives me the heebie-jeebies. So...Scalas or Cornwalls?

In a message dated 11/20/2002 5:28:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, Dean.Wescott@wpafb.af.mil writes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=923717819

And you want to say...what, exactly?.........................................

NO! YOU CANNOT BUY THESE!!!