NHL RESTART

oldtimer

On 8/4/2020 at 7:08 PM, JohnJ said:

Yea right @dtel

Until you take cheap shot from behind when you are right on the boards already. Or a 90 mph frozen chunk of rubber where there isn't a pad!

One of the sites showed Andrei Svechnikov's locker at home full of caps! I'll look more it was on my phone and I didn't bookmark it.

Found it. The kid is only 20 now I think he was 18 as a rookie and arguably he was a phenom then too!

IMG-20200804-222855-1.jpg

I remember the Hurricanes were very tough in 2006 with their coach Peter Laviolette -Rod Brind'Amour and Cam Ward ------great team ,  let's see how this series goes , the teams are very  matched up -------

• Like 1

In Rod We Trust

Sure hope Dougie Hamilton is up to snuff he started practicing yesterday & no one but the team and him know what happened last month at practice. A visor was mentioned... puck to the face??? just don't know.

Yesterday was busy note the number of higher ranked teams getting knocked off.

I disagree with rankings done simply on W-L ratios. That doesn't take in to account other variables that could provide insight into how a lesser ranked team beat up a top ten one.

We take 12 sets of NHL stats and mash them across the league and run our specialized formula against the numbers. Scoring, goals-against average, PK efficiency, power-play rating, road and home stats and more are considered to come up with an overall power number. We crunch that against a strength-of-schedule number that balances out the rough edges because a team beating up on lousy competition should not be climbing the power ladder faster than a team playing tough competition. At some point, that “hot” team is going to crash and burn and you’re going to know exactly when and why.

The above is from a betting sit that I value their rankings above all others. That is their superior method of doing this. Not that I can afford to bet but Odds Shark dot com does a great job with this followed for a couple years and their method usually pans out on the ice!

Don't remember Torts as much from the Lightning as I do NY. Liked him back then but sometime after NY something changed with the way he interacted with the press. You know what we got to see. Not so much after that.

We've got the Bruins next, should be a good series.

Chara is too darn good a giant player sometimes and I learned to respect him last year. Forgot what it was that impressed me but he earned it from the other side of the ice!!

Wow. Seventh period almost over, like a third game in a row just started. Tampa and Columbus have remarkable goaltenders. My game was supposed to start a half hour ago. Announcer just speculated about canes- bruins being rescheduled!

15 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Wow. Seventh period almost over, like a third game in a row just started. Tampa and Columbus have remarkable goaltenders. My game was supposed to start a half hour ago. Announcer just speculated about canes- bruins being rescheduled!

See you tomorrow. Go Bruins!

• Like 1