Heresy with external parts xpress tweeter (not mine)

Bobby Z

If you refer to what's sitting on top of them, I can't fathom that is what the person is referring to.  The tweeters in those (without measuring) would be something like 2" tall by maybe 5" wide, not what's sitting on top.

What's sitting on top, strikes me more as a midrange driver/horn (but I don't know that....  in the cinema size stuff that could easily be a tweeter but, not in the Heresy world)

I own those horns which are similar to the ones I had in my Indy system with K-402's and my own Quarter Pie horns. The drivers are OEM B&C DE-250's or copies from an unknown source. Those drivers are some of the best you can get. The asking price is a STEAL for someone willing to get a pair of DaveA's sMAHL tweeters, buy Eminence Delta Pro 12A woofers, and turn them into my Super Heresy Mod. Speakers.

Why the mystery? So many people mount horns on top of cabinets like LaScalas all the time, including the guys who made conical waveguides with ESS Heil Double Stacked Tweeters!

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I own those horns which are similar to the ones I had in my Indy system with K-402's and my own Quarter Pie horns. The drivers are OEM B&C DE-250's or copies from an unknown source. Those drivers are some of the best you can get. The asking price is a STEAL for someone willing to get a pair of DaveA's sMAHL tweeters, buy Eminence Delta Pro 12A woofers, and turn them into my Super Heresy Mod. Speakers.

Why the mystery? So many people mount horns on top of cabinets like LaScalas all the time, including the guys who made conical waveguides with ESS Heil Double Stacked Tweeters!

Do you mean using just the cabinet and mid driver/horn or also using the parts xpress driver with Dave's sMahl lens?

oops, sorry about the double post

1 hour ago, Bobby Z said:

Do you mean using just the cabinet and mid driver/horn or also using the parts xpress driver with Dave's sMahl lens?

oops, sorry about the double post

that's not exactly what I meant, but it could be done, as that is a very good driver that gets down to below 1,000 Hz. easily but the sMAHL does not, since the horn is too short. The best driver for that is the DE-120. Now if you wanted a 2-way, then, you could use it as is and disable the Klipsch Mid, but you would still have a Frankenstein approach.