Great source for Klipsch Diaphram Repair....

Cut-Throat

I had got a pair of Klipsch Belles about 3 weeks ago. The tweeters were shot. Cabinets Nice! I got them replaced today - What a difference a pair of tweeters make!

The tweeters were repaired by Simply Speakers in Florida. They turned around my tweeters in about two weeks and for about $80 they replaced the diaphrams and tested the tweeters and shipped them back to me. They sell the diaphrams for around $24 apiece, but for the $80 a pair, If figured I'd let the experts do it. I have built speakers, amps, and pre-amps but I took one look at those flimsy diaphrams and wires and realized I was better off letting someone do this that had done it before.

They do good work and are very responsive. They returned my call the same day. I have no affiliation with them other than being a satisfied customer. I highly recommend them! They have a great website - search for Simply Speakers in Florida.1.gif

Good to hear of good shops. After messing around with MY K-77-M's, I took them to A Brown Soun (no "D"), in San Rafael, CA. Both tweeters had misalligned magnets in addition to blown diaphragms. For $150 the turned junk into great tweeters. Highly recommended.

fini

I ordered the diaphragms for my K-35B's from them, EV was on backorder. Anyway, ordered on their site late Sunday nite, got the pieces Fri afternoon. Took me a few minutes to figure out how to reassemble them. I had to drill the solder out of the center of the rivets that hold the terminals on, feed the tinsel wires through the holes, assemble, solder wires from the outside. There's a mark on the diaphragm that corresponds to a notch in the magnet for keeping polarity straight. Really wasn't that bad once I figured out the hole in the rivet deal.

The original wires that ran from the coil to the terminals is the same size as the coil wire itself, probably is the tag ends of the wire left long. It must be 32 gauge or something like that. I could hardly see it, it was so fine. Kinda makes a guy wonder why he needs to run a 14ga wire from the crossover to it. That wire is thinner, much thinner than one strand of the 14ga stuff running to it.

Tom

I will second the praise for Simply Speakers in Florida, they were able to recone and restore my very rare DBX SW-3830 15" Subwoofer driver to original specifications in a short period of time for a very fair price. I was happy to get it back and reinstall it in its enclosure, the woofer was 14 years old and the foam had rotted out and the tinsel leads were oxidized. Now I am good for another 20 years thanks to the guys at Simply Speakers. 9.gif