Best place to buy Sennheiser HD-600's?

fini

Several Ebay sellers have it for $225-$239, but are they authorized dealers, and will Sennheiser accept them as authorized for warranty purposes, as well as for the $50 rebate currently offered on this model? Justin, where did you get yours?

fini

I called Sennheiser. The Ebay sellers are not authorized dealers. The cans ARE covered by a 2-year warranty, but not the extended 5-year warranty, or the $50 rebate. I know The Headroom has them for $279, and minus the $50 they're $229. Anyone know of an authorized dealer who can beat that?

fini

I got mine, both pair, for $225 at Tweeter. See, Audio Demensions (The Great Indoors) was selling them for $250. Tweeter beat their price, reluctantly, and so I got the two. I also got teh extended 7 year warranty (from Sennheiser direct).

If you don't find a deal like that, go to headphone.com, they are THE source for headphones. Fully authorized and terrific deals.

You may want an amp with the headphones, that is if you are not connecting them to the headphone output of your receiver which most often provides ample clean headphone power.

for another great amp, check out headamp.com the Dynamic headphone amp.

http://headamp.com/

amp.jpg

$499, used to be $479. Almost got Gilmore to build me one for $279... but we both backed out (too much loss on his end). The kit is $369. Though $500 is more than worth it for this beast! I have tons of pics at home, i will get them to you if you want them... and if i can find them.

hehe, tweeters price, that is why they were so reluctant! infact, two tweeters said no!

I am, as we (I) speak, having an interesting email conversation with the folks at The Sound Emporium (one of the ebay "dealers"), which started off with my inquiring as to their dealer status, and if they offered the rebate. What came back were (are) insults in every reply. Don't worry...I'm being my usual perfect gentleman...2.gif

Maybe I'll copy and paste our exchange...

fini

I'm sure you all will get a kick out of this...who's harrassing who?

fini: Hi! Sennheiser is currently offering a $50 rebate on the HD 600's when purchased from an authorized dealer. Would this rebate be available if I bought these from you? Thanks!

Them: We sell HD600's in our shop for $350 with rebate, so at $239 with 3 Yr Warranty - just say NO TO DRUGS.

fini: Drugs?? What are you talking about?

Them: Good-bye, Gregg.

fini: You could have just replied, "No, we are not an authorized dealer," but instead chose to insult me. Nice.

Them: Sorry for your ignorance and intellectual capacity, we are an authorized dealer - not on eBay however.

Kinda slow aren't you.

fini: Looks like we BOTH have too much time on our hands here...I called Sennheiser, they said you (Sound Emporium) wasn't an authorized dealer. What is the name of your "Shop?"

Them: Don't know an eBay USER ID from a business name, eh?

Not too bright are you?

Get lost.

FOLLOWED BY...

Them: Cease and Desist all further communication with us at this email address soundemporium@usfamily.net.

Any future correspondence or communication received from you or your associate(s) via email or any other form will be construed as harassment and legal action will be taken.

You will be responsible for any and all legal costs, expenses and fees, including but not limited to attorneys fees, court costs, etc.

Cordially,

B. Robert Benson, Esq.

Retired Attorney-at-law

cc: soundemporium/eBay PowerSeller

cc: eBay PowerSeller Support

Dear eBay PowerSeller Support,

Please file this email with our others regarding eBay member, mrs.fini, regarding his/her persistent harassment, abussive behavoir and possible future legal action.

Thank you.

Hmmm....

fini

One of many places me and Da guys in Da band deal with.They're reliable.American Musical Supply:

http://www.americanmusical.com/item.asp?UID=2002112616081244&menu=&keyword=&item=SEN+HD600 (New 330 bucks)

http://www.americanmusical.com/item.asp?UID=2002112616081244&menu=&keyword=&item=NFS+SENHD600

(open box 295 bucks)

Good warranties and NO retainer fee! he he he he

Just had to go check it out and about spit up my Diet Coke when I read their listing's opening propaganda:

"As a pillar of the eBay community, and fellow PowerSeller, Sound Emporium is committed

to upholding and embracing all the core community values that are at the very foundation of eBay.

We are an exceptional Gold PowerSeller whom provides the highest quality customer service and care.

eBay says Sound Emporium maintains a stellar feedback rating of 100% with 229 positives, and 0 negatives.

Our audiophile products are of the highest quality, competitively priced, and include full manufacturer's warranty. "

Unbelievably rude and vacuous e-mail responses from "pillars of the eBay community". If they had sent me those kind of responses and their business was within 100 miles or so of my residence I would have gotten together with some of my more obnoxious biker buds and cruised by for a personal listening session with those imbeciles. Someone should lift up that guy's bangs to check for a scar! And I bet the ambulance-chaser's response was as fake as their representation of their fully warranted products.

Good post Fini, hopefully this will keep other forum members from getting burned by those piles - I mean pillars of the eBay commune.

I must say... I somewhat doubted you. Yes, I did not hold 100% trust in you! GHASP!

But now I do

I emailed them (fudged only a little, i dont plan to get anything from them or any more than the two i got, all the rest is true)

this is our correspondence... so far

read from the bottom up, in sections, so that it makes sense.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found them at Audio Dimensions (inside of The Great Indoors) for $250, Tweeter beat that price by $25 because I go there often and buy stuff just as often. And I have the emails from Sennheiser about the warranty. What if I provide you with a copy of the receipt, then will you believe me? They sold me two at this price by the way, at two different times even.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks

-justin

http://www.soundwise.org/

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 7:37 PM

To: justin@soundwise.org

Subject: Re: Question for seller -- Item #1941043903

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas:contacts" />Justin,

I am more than 1000% confident that you did not pay NEAR $239 at Tweeter in addition to upgrading your warranty to 5 years. Not on-line... much less getting the $50 rebate from Sennheiser.

We sell HD600's in our shop for $350 with rebate, at $239 with 3 Yr Warranty at eBay - NO.

With regards,

Suzanne

Sound Emporium

eBay GOLD PowerSeller

----- Original Message -----

To: soundemporium@usfamily.net

Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 7:07 PM

Subject: Question for seller -- Item #1941043903

Hey! :) I see you have the HD600's for a great price. Just a few questions before I buy one... or two LoL! (i already have a pair for myself...) Christmas is coming soon you know!

Ok, the questions.

When I got my first pair, from Tweeter Home Entertainment, I got the standard 2 year warranty, $50 rebate and because they were "Sennheiser Authorized", i also was able to upgrade the warranty 5 more years. Can i do this if I buy these from you guys?

Second question. I think I read that your distributor is authorized, but since the receipt is from you, if you are not authorized to sell like Tweeter is, how will my warranty work out and will i be able to get the rebate and 5 year bonus onto the 2 year warranty?

Thanks so much! I can not WAIT to get and answer... and I know of at least two other people, who don't know it yet hehe, who can not wait either, if you know what i mean. :)

Thanks again

-justin

--------------------

Question from: klipschter

Title of item: HD-600 SENNHEISER HD600 FREE FedEx 3 YR WRNTY

Seller: soundemporium

Starts: Nov-23-02 14:00:12 PST

Ends: Nov-30-02 14:00:12 PST

Price: Starts at $239.00

To view the item, go to: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1941043903

Visit eBay, The World's Online Marketplace TM at http://www.ebay.com

@USFAMILY.NET>

ok, they replied. HOLY CRAP I WANNA SUE FOR SOMETHING. And i got the title change after 10,000 posts :)

You have to be kidding me. I just wanted to get information on your warranty and whatnot did I do something wrong?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

-<?xml:namespace prefix = st2 ns = "urn:schemas:contacts" />justin

-----Original Message-----

From: <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Sound Emporium

Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 7:50 PM

To: justin@soundwise.org

Subject: Re: Question for seller -- Item #1941043903

Good-bye, Justin. Do NOT send anymore email to us. Your type are not needed.

No Thanks,

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas:contacts" />Suzanne

Sound Emporiue

eBay GOLD PowerSeller

----- Original Message -----

To: 'Sound Emporium'

Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 7:43 PM

Subject: RE: Question for seller -- Item #1941043903

I found them at Audio Dimensions (inside of The Great Indoors) for $250, Tweeter beat that price by $25 because I go there often and buy stuff just as often. And I have the emails from Sennheiser about the warranty. What if I provide you with a copy of the receipt, then will you believe me? They sold me two at this price by the way, at two different times even.

Thanks

-justin

I just noticed... she misspelled Emporium... she forgot the "m" in her last evil message.

I have not seen a reply yet, and sent another one just now.

If you can promise that I will get all that you say in the auctions I will buy some. Why not just tell me so I can get them in time for Christmas?! I doubt Tweeter will sell me any more without thinking I was selling them for profit at their expense.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

-<?xml:namespace prefix = st2 ns = "urn:schemas:contacts" />justin

Ok... so now I am just a little obsessed. My friend Jason (i think he posted here when I was sick...?) went and gave them an email... as follows

Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 19:50:47 -0800 (PST)

From: "Jason" <supernovva2@yahoo.com> / This is Spam / Add to Address Book

Subject: Got a quick question :)

To: soundemporium@usfamily.net

Somewhere I read that you guys have a retail store. Is this true? I don't feel really safe buying stuff on the internet, call me old fashioned, so I would rather walk into a store. Is this possible? If not near me, I don't mind a drive. Good excuse to get out of the house for a while (retirement is not all as exciting as I thought...).

Thanks,

Jason

Is'nt it great when your friends help out?