Please Compare: Klipsch RSW 15 vs. SVS CS Ultra / SVS 1646 PC+

mmiles

I am looking to upgrade already! Current KSW-12 is only 13 months old (hey any potential buyers?).

I have not heard the SVS line but the industry trade rags and many forum groups say they are the bomb... literally.

The Ultra is a modified 20-39 CS+ (w/outboard "Samson 1000" power amp) with an improved driver and the 16-46PC+ contains a built in (powered) 525W BASH amp.

I really like the Klipsch line but dollars are starting to get my attention here.

Regards,

Mike

well, I'd have to go with the RSW-15. I have one and love it. the klipsch line is better for music, because like kaine said, they have more punch, and music tones rarely dip below 30 hz. And as far as output goes, the SVS only adds output on top of output that most people will never use anyway, so it's basicaly just extra horse power that will never be used, and besides, I have never used my RSW-15 close to the max.

the real hang up for me is the pricing. the cs ultra is $1295 which is only $100 more than the best deal i found on the web for a rsw15 (from an e-tailer who claims to be a dealer looking for an alternative means of distribution to meet numbers in a softened economy) and the 1646pc+ is $320 less!

true in home theater mode so to speak you want to "feel" the bass for that cinema affect while that is not needed with most music. however most of my system use is with dvd's at present until sacd and dvd-a becomer more prevelant.

mm

Not much to add here,if you read what was said about the RSW15 and SVS Ultra it applies here too.

SVS plenty of output down deep(down to 16Hz)and the RSW plenty of slam(the lower limit with good output is around 30Hz).

For HT the SVS is Kking of the shake factor,the RSW is king of slam(lots of output from 30-80Hz).

>>SVS plenty of output down deep(down to 16Hz)<<<

Hi Ears,

I suppose someone could add an inexpensive highpass filter on to their SVs if they wanted to attenuate the bass in the first octave(16-32hz) for whatever reason. But that is sort of like having a new Vette and putting a throttle control on it so you can't drive over 55mph?

TV

Nuthin' like puttin' a governer on a 'vette.

I got into a pair of SVS 16/46 CS series for $1150.

(Total w/shipping, I think.)

They play music pretty damn well to me.

I got two, plus I get the option of upgrading amplifiers down the road.

I was never a fan of self powered subs, but I do understand there is some damn good designs out there.

I just can't afford them.

Some like punch, some like depth, I can get a little of both.

Different strokes for different folks!

TV,

Since you grace us all with your presence here tell us if we will see the new supersub anytime soon. I dont need any details about the sub,just want to know if it will hit retail(sold on your SVS site) during the next year.If so I will have the money to order one.

Thanks in advance for the answer

Oh and how about the shipping to Canada,any ideas of the cost.If its not over $500US its ok as long as it arrives in tip top shape.

1.gif