Cinema 600 Sound Bar Thread

Chief

16 minutes ago, OO1 said:

that's usually how things are done ,  bugs can happen ,  ultimately , they get fixed  

Why would you deliberately want to misrepresent what @Dogatos said?

This is your quote:

image.thumb.png.2b74d04b48fa378f4d47bd2c79847317.png

This is what he said:

On 8/3/2023 at 12:47 AM, Dogatos said:

for this price range I would expect a little more quality software.

I'll wait, maybe there will be a FW update in the future and this will be (directly or indirectly) fixed.

The Klipsch BAR series and Cinema series soundbars have far too many reliability and firmware issues. This is evident by the many customers seeking assistance in these forums. In my opinion, Klipsch has had ample time to address these issues but has failed to adequately do so.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OO1 said:

klipsch will resolve any minor software issues  , they always do , they always have 

Be that as it may, it doesn't give you the right to misrepresent what someone else has said to make your point.

If what you say is true then clearly the issues with these soundbars are not minor ones otherwise they would have been resolved by now!

• Like 2

On 8/7/2023 at 12:18 PM, KevinB said:

Be that as it may, it doesn't give you the right to misrepresent what someone else has said to make your point.

If what you say is true then clearly the issues with these soundbars are not minor ones otherwise they would have been resolved by now!

Exactly thank you sir!

I posted proof of this directly from the engineering director at Premium Audio, he literally admitted that there were to many issues and they were not going to release another firmware update for the Cinema 600 to fix the current issues.

Its frustrating knowing they are continuing to sell the Cinema 600 especially for the price they do knowing the issues and refusing to fix them.

19 hours ago, Bricemb96 said:

Its frustrating knowing they are continuing to sell the Cinema 600 especially for the price they do knowing the issues and refusing to fix them.

My Klipsch dealer from whom I purchased my soundbar told me last week that the Cinema 800 & 1200 have officially been discontinued (in Canada at least). Speculation is that the Cinema 600 is soon to follow.

• Like 1

klipsch are working on Firmware updates for the Cinema 1200-800  ,  Cinema 600 does not show any pending issues online   .

Cinema 1200

https://www.klipsch.com/products/cinema-1200-sound-bar-and-surround-system

ISSUE: CINEMA 1200 REMOTE IS NOT ADJUSTING REAR HEIGHT OR FRONT HEIGHT VOLUME.

SOLUTION: A FIRMWARE UPDATE IS BEING TESTED AND WILL BE IMPLEMENTED OVER THE AIR OR VIA USB UPDATE. THE KLIPSCH CONNECT APP CAN ALSO ADJUST ALL CHANNEL VOLUMES.

Cinema 800  

https://www.klipsch.com/products/cinema-800-sound-bar

CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES.

ISSUE: THE DEVICE IS CONSTANTLY "UPDATING."

RESOLUTION: INSTALL THE LATEST DSP MANUALLY.

ISSUE: SOUND BAR IS NOT TURNING ON

SOLUTION: RE-FLASH THE MCU FIRMWARE.

Cinema 600 

https://www.klipsch.com/products/cinema-600-sound-bar

• Haha 1

Yeah the Cinema 600 doesn’t show any pending issues online, because Klipsch is aware of the many issues and have admitted to not be developing any firmware updates to resolve the issues.
They still sell the product and for an expensive price point, with that being said they don’t want to anger a bunch of customers by publicly admitting to this. They also don’t want to publicly admit that the Cinema 600 is actually not firmware updatable via the Connect app. They were working on a firmware update that would be installed via USB and that firmware update was suppose to make the 600 firmware updatable by the app and resolve a bunch of issues but they stopped working on the firmware and admitted that there were just to many issues so they are not working on or releasing a firmware update for the Cinema 600.

• Like 1

@Dogatos

Really strange that your 600’s firmware info is:

Model Name: Cinema 600
Model Number: 1068777
Firmware Version: 23.0.1
MCU Firmware Version: 65.0.0
Hardware Version: 2

Mine is:

Model Name: Cinema 600
Model Number: 1068777
Firmware Version: 25.0.1
Hardware Version: 1
MCU Firmware Version: 17.0.0

You have a newer hardware release than me so it’s expected to have a later MCU firmware version but as for the firmware version itself you have 23.0.1 and I have 25.0.1

Did you buy your directly from Klipsch or another retailer?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2023 at 10:01 PM, Bricemb96 said:

Did you buy your directly from Klipsch or another retailer?

I actually bought it from a HiFi specialized online store here in Romania.

So not directly from Klipsch.

I am attaching a screenshot from the Klipsch Connect App, Product Information section.

Screenshot_20230828_172351_Klipsch Connect.jpg

Edited by Dogatos
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2023 at 9:20 AM, Dogatos said:

I actually bought it from a HiFi specialized online store here in Romania.

So not directly from Klipsch.

I am attaching a screenshot from the Klipsch Connect App, Product Information section.

Screenshot_20230828_172351_Klipsch Connect.jpg

Thank you!

• 6 months later...

Hey, i hope you could help me with something here. 

I have received my 2nd Cinema 600 set after i thought the first one was faulty, but the new one has the same flaw and im a bit disappointed.

Basically the subwoofer has strange crackling noises during low volume sections of movies and stuff, especially during dialog of men while there is no background noise. I dont really know how to describe it. Like i would constantly tap on the membrane of the subwoofer, like using a shitty microphone on a windy day. At first i thought its a faulty product, but i have received the second set today and it sounds the same. 

When i turn down the sub volume the cackling sound stays basically the same. Its either there, or not and after a certain volume level its gone.