Cinema 600 Sound Bar Thread

Chief

7 hours ago, Mohsin said:

Actually there is a firmware update option in the app

This is news to me but if that is the case it should simplify your firmware updates.

What the app can do for you depends on which soundbar you have and the firmware installed on it. When I connect to my Cinema 800 with the app I don't have an update option. When I had my Cinema 600 the only way to update the firmware was by using a USB thumb drive.

Thanks for sharing. It's always nice to learn something new!

• Like 1

Hi guys, has anyone used the digital (optical) input for audio?

Since I've decided that streaming from the TV for music with Tidal etc is a bit of a schlep and not gapless, and while Bluetooth sounds good but not solid, I've decided to get a Wiim Mini streamer for music duty and connect via optical.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Mohsin

Hi, I have a few tips:

1. Dolby Digital. If the light is not on - check your TV settings thoroughly, my LG TV had two output settings! I set both on Auto, and voila, the DD light lit up on the 600.

2. On PCM, Surround mode does make quite a difference. On some DD movies it does, and others does not.

3. Ensure you have the latest Klipsch Connect app on Android/iOS, and you may be able to update the firmware. Also if it subsequently disconnects, remove the 600 as a device from the app, and re-add it.

Happy listening.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone does the klipsch soundbars from the 600 upwards have Dolby Pro Logic decoding built in for creating surround sound from stereo broadcasts as i couldnt find anything mentioned on the klipsch website.

Does the surround 3 speakers work when the soundbar is recieving stereo signals v HDMI or optical

Hi @allanwmurray,

These are all the support articles for the Cinema 600. I suggest you read through them and the posts in this thread. 

Klipsch Cinema series product documentation, in my opinion, is rather poor. It is best if you read through existing posts to get an idea of capabilities and limitations.

34 minutes ago, allanwmurray said:

Does the surround 3 speakers work when the soundbar is recieving stereo signals v HDMI or optical

The input source does not affect how the Surround 3 speakers work. Sources other than HDMI/Optical are limited to mono or stereo.

I had a first generation Cinema 600 and found that the overall sound and the sound from the Surround 3 speakers was disappointing. There have been a number of improvements since then so, hopefully, things are better now.

This is all that Klipsch has to say about Cinema 600 - Sound Modes

On my Cinema 600, if I remember correctly, the ((SUR)) would only enable/disable the sound from the Surround 3 speakers. It would enable/disable Virtual Surround if Surround 3 speakers were not connected.

The Cinema 800, although more expensive, is a much better product. The sound is fantastic and it will use your existing Surround 3 speakers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Moler said:

Have they fixed this poor power supply thing or is it just the same hardware?

There have been a couple of hardware revisions since the original Cinema 600 first appeared. Klipsch doesn't advertise what specific components may have been revised. 😒

• 4 months later...

Buongiorno, chiedo un’informazione a merito della Soundbar Klipsch cinema 600. Durante i film spesso nei dialoghi il Sub parte lo stesso riproducendo un suono fastidioso, quasi come interferenza.. E difettoso o c’è un modo per toglierlo? Possiedo anche Surround 3. Grazie

4 hours ago, Alex-03 said:

Should I upgrade to the Cinema 600 or is their a better sound bar like the 1200 with Dolby Atmos ?

Only you can decide what is best for you and "better" is a relative term. It implies better suited in a particular situation and you don't say how you use your soundbar. For example, I certainly would not want a Cinema 1200 just to listen to quiet music in my bedroom as I go to sleep.

As you may know, the Cinema series is a replacement for the BAR series of soundbars. When they were first introduced they had lots of reliability issues and firmware issues similar to what owners of the BAR series experienced. Most of the firmware issues have been resolved and the Cinema 600 is now at hardware revision 3. I don't know if there have been hardware revisions to the other Cinema soundbars.

Now that Klipsch has reduced the price of the Cinema series soundbars they offer great bang for the buck but it leads me to believe they may be getting ready to introduce a new series of soundbars to replace the Cinema series.

If you are looking for a new soundbar, this is what I suggest:

• Decide how it will be used: blockbuster movies with surround sound? Something else?
  • Establish a budget.
  • Do a Google search for soundbar reviews and compare what is available.
  • When you find something that interests you, check it out in some of the available community forums.

There is a lot of information in this forum about the Cinema sound bars. Check it out...

Cinema 1200

Cinema 800

Cinema 600

On 6/26/2023 at 2:50 AM, Alex-03 said:

What is the difference between the bar 48 and Cinema 600 besides the subwoofer ?

is the sound bar using the same speakers and amp wattage ? 

While the Cinema series soundbars evolved from the BAR series one cannot conclude that the Cinema 600 is a newer version of the BAR 48.

I managed to locate an old copy of the Bar-48_Spec-Sheet_v03.pdf.

This is the CINEMA 600 Spec Sheet.

I owned both sound bars. This is the main thing that the spec sheets don't tell you. The original BAR 48 spec sheet stated that the BAR 48 supports Dolby Digital Plus but it never worked. Dolby Digital Plus can provide CD quality audio but can only be delivered via an HDMI connection because of the higher bandwidth needed. The Cinema 600 spec sheet stated that the Cinema 600 supports Dolby Digital. It makes no mention of Dolby Digital Plus and, in fact, does not support it.

• 1 month later...

Hello! Anyone with a Cinema 600 can reproduce this bug, or is it only happening to my device?

Title: The ((SUR)) LED indicator is not ON after an on-off-on cycle

Environment:
Soundbar: Klipsch Cinema 600
Model Number: 1068777
Firmware Version: 23.0.1
MCU Firmware Version: 65.0.0
Hardware Version: 2
TV: Sony Bravia TV
HDMI ARC connection

Prerequisites:
1. Make sure the Output from the TV is set to Sound System, and that the Soundbar is the default output source.
2. Make sure the Soundbar's LED Brightness setting is on High or Low (not OFF).

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Turn ON the TV
2. Turn on all 3 options on the Soundbar - ((SUR)), Dialog, Night
3. Turn OFF the TV
4. Turn ON the TV

Expected Result:
All 3 LED indicators on the Soundbar - ((SUR)), Dialog, Night - are lit up

Actual Result:
The ((SUR)) LED indicator is OFF. Only 2 LED indicators on the Soundbar - Dialog, Night - are lit up.

Notes:
1. The ((SUR)) feature, even though the LED is OFF, is actually enabled. You can tell by the way the sound comes out of the soundbar, and also by the fact that in order to turn ON the ((SUR)) LED indicator you need to press twice on the remote's ((SUR)) button.
2. This happens also when at Step #2, only the ((SUR)) option is enabled.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 5:47 AM, Dogatos said:

The ((SUR)) LED indicator is not ON after an on-off-on cycle

Hi @Dogatos and welcome to the Klipsch Community forums.

I have good news for you: This is normal! See this knowledge base article.

Cinema 600 - Turning Virtual Surround Sound On/Off

While you are at it, have a look at the other Cinema Series articles. There is a lot of useful information there.

17 hours ago, KevinB said:

Hi @Dogatos and welcome to the Klipsch Community forums.

I have good news for you: This is normal! See this knowledge base article.

Cinema 600 - Turning Virtual Surround Sound On/Off

While you are at it, have a look at the other Cinema Series articles. There is a lot of useful information there.

Thanks!

Yes, I have seen the note

"Please Note: Virtual Surround mode must be enabled with each listening session. The sound bar will not automatically resume Virtual Surround mode after it has been powered off and then powered back on again."

However, if you look at my bug report (Note no. 1), the feature itself is enabled after the on-off-on cycle, but the LED indicator itself isn't.

12 hours ago, Dogatos said:

However, if you look at my bug report (Note no. 1), the feature itself is enabled after the on-off-on cycle, but the LED indicator itself isn't.

If you wish to submit a bug report you should Submit a request to Klipsch Product Support. The responses you receive in these forums are from other users, like yourself, who may have information they are willing to share but we don't have access to any internal Klipsch documentation, especially any information about how a feature is supposed to work. As you might imagine this makes it extremely difficult to determine whether a specific behaviour is normal or due to a bug.

As Klipsch has updated their firmware the soundbar behaviour has changed. For example, if you wanted to check a setting selecting it used to activate the next option then show you that setting. Klipsch finally changed that behaviour so that the first press of a button did nothing other than show the current setting. The setting was only changed when the button was pressed a second time.

While the sound modes do change the sound, Klipsch has said little about how this works or exactly how the sound has been altered. This is especially true for the Cinema 700, 800, & 1200 soundbars that have many more modes from which to choose.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KevinB said:

If you wish to submit a bug report you should Submit a request to Klipsch Product Support.

yeah... did that the first thing I noticed the behaviour, but for some reason the Support person gave up on me :D

image.thumb.png.8d7de2c42fe843238ee9b40837d9ec63.png

And then I came here to see if someone can try or is willing to reproduce my issue and compare results.

It's not a big headache, but for this price range I would expect a little more quality software.

I'll wait, maybe there will be a FW update in the future and this will be (directly or indirectly) fixed.

Thank you for the help and patience!

On 8/3/2023 at 1:47 AM, Dogatos said:

yeah... did that the first thing I noticed the behaviour, but for some reason the Support person gave up on me :D

image.thumb.png.8d7de2c42fe843238ee9b40837d9ec63.png

And then I came here to see if someone can try or is willing to reproduce my issue and compare results.

It's not a big headache, but for this price range I would expect a little more quality software.

I'll wait, maybe there will be a FW update in the future and this will be (directly or indirectly) fixed.

Thank you for the help and patience!

It is a firmware issue and unfortunately they are aware of the many issues and we’re working on a firmware update to resolve them but ran into other issues so they abandoned the firmware updates entirely, by the way for all who think you can update via the Klipsch Connect app. The option is there however it requires a certain MCU version be installed (via USB) before it can be updated via Bluetooth. the firmware that was going to implement the function to be updated via the app (Bluetooth) has seized development entirely. 

IMG_9602.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 8/3/2023 at 2:47 AM, Dogatos said:

there will be a FW update in the future and this will be (directly or indirectly) fixed.

that's usually how things are done ,  bugs can happen ,  ultimately , they get fixed  

• Sad 1