Amp / Receiver advice please

btlancaster24

12 hours ago, ricktate said:

Not sure why you woud buy a denon not working but it could be a fuse if there are any inside it.  I would not buy anther denon from what y sons have had and experienced. I would tell you t save up for a better one like pioneer...onkyo...marantz.  I use to recomend Accerories4less but their selection is low now but still pretty good buys there. Try and sell the KG4 and save up for a better pair such as Heresy 1s  or 2s you will have a much better sound. 

You didnt say what the problem was if its just noise when turning volume ??? You can clean the volume control with deoxit pretty easy. 

Which Marantz do you recommend?  I've never had one before.  Actually, I heard that DENON and MARANTZ were both made by the same people. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ILI_MeloManiac said:

I've never seen this model before, but they are very interesting: they have  a Passive Radiator for full range performance in the back, something the much bigger Forte floorstanding speakers have. It basically means that these mini-Fortes will have really good low frequencies! That's really good news! Keep them and cherish them, they are quite rare, I think.

I'm sure others will here will help you identify these speakers.

You might try to spray deoxit on the volume and balance nobs of your Denon - on the inside, of course - and see if that restores the broken channel. Any amp, modern or vintage, will drive these speakers. Pick one fitting your budget.

Welcome to the forum, btw.

UPDATE:

These are Klipsch KG-2 speakers and they are around $300 worth on US mainland.

Read more about them, and their specs, here: https://www.klipsch.com/products/kg-2

Here are the specs: https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/files/KG2-brochure.pdf

And here about their history: 

Already sprayed it with WD-40 Contact Cleaner (same as deoxit)

8 hours ago, billybob said:

Yes they have used Peachtree but, we would need to know the model number first to advise. Let us know how removing the corrosion from the Denon works out.

I'm watching some auctions for Peachtree right now.  One is a Nova 125 with a tube.  2 are Decco's integrated amps w/ tubes. 

44 minutes ago, btlancaster24 said:

I'm watching some auctions for Peachtree right now.  One is a Nova 125 with a tube.  2 are Decco's integrated amps w/ tubes. 

Not the same as deoxit and you can look at YouTube videos that show how to do it. There is a quick process that explains.

But off of the Denon now.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-LHi6PAVu3cs/p_731NO125RW/Peachtree-Audio-nova125-Rosewood.html

Reading where this is a hybrid tube and solid state amp stereo 2x125 wpc.

What speakers will you use?

5 minutes ago, billybob said:

Not the same as deoxit and you can look at YouTube videos that show how to do it. There is a quick process that explains.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-LHi6PAVu3cs/p_731NO125RW/Peachtree-Audio-nova125-Rosewood.html

For now, the Klipsch speakers from this thread are the only stereo speakers I have

1 hour ago, billybob said:

A friend sprayed deoxit on the DENON as well for me at his computer repair shop.  What do you recommend other than the Peachtrees??  I'm looking to get something good but hopefully not more than $5-800 bucks. Also, what do you listen to?  I'm listening to Mr. Big tonight.  I've played drums (rock) since I was 8 yrs old.

Edited by btlancaster24

If you were to get more Klipsch, you know where to find it.

50 watt would you hear the speakers. There is alot in the KG line alone to check.

Classical to rock blues jazz.

Those Peachtree had looked at before recently. They speak the language here...

Welcome!

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

If you were to get more Klipsch, you know where to find it.

50 watt would you hear the speakers. There is alot in the KG line alone to check.

Classical to rock blues jazz.

Those Peachtree had looked at before recently. They speak the language here...

Welcome!

Was hoping you'd recommend an integrated receiver.  Brand/model and where to get a deal on it.  For now I'm just trying to decide on a receiver. 

3 minutes ago, btlancaster24 said:

A friend sprayed deoxit on the DENON as well for me at his computer repair shop.  What do you recommend other than the Peachtrees??  I'm looking to get something good but hopefully not more than $5-800 bucks. Also, what do you listen to?  I'm listening to Mr. Big tonight.

Like the song and the act.

Sounds like a bargain.

Almost think would listen to some Schiit pre and their 100 watt amp.

Into solid state here but, never hear anything bad with tubes.

Not Denon

1 minute ago, btlancaster24 said:

Was hoping you'd recommend an integrated receiver.  Brand/model and where to get a deal on it.  For now I'm just trying to decide on a receiver. 

Do you want a tuner for radio or an integrated receiver without?

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Do you want a tuner for radio or an integrated receiver without?

No.  I don't care about a tuner.  I'm into streaming.  Primarily from TIDAL. Right now I have a Google Chromecast Audio hooked up to the DENON.  I don't have my heart set on DENON.  That's why I'm here looking for advice!

Edited by btlancaster24

3 minutes ago, btlancaster24 said:

No.  I don't care about a tuner.  I'm into streaming.  Primarily from TIDAL. Right now I have a Google Chromecast Audio hooked up to the DENON.  I don't have my heart set on DENON.  That's why I'm here looking for advice!

Cool

One of the other guys mentioned Pioneer, Onkyo and Marantz earlier in this thread.  I grew up on a Pioneer with Pioneer speakers brought back from Vietnam by my Dad.  Don't think I'd be interested in an Onkyo.  But what do you think of Marantz?  Do you have a recommendation for Marantz?  Model and where to get a deal on one?