Amp / Receiver advice please

btlancaster24

Hello, 

I have a set of Vintage Klipsch speakers that came with a DENON  DRA-25 receiver.  However, the receiver either needs repaired or replaced.  There is a problem with the right channel.  So, I have no idea which model of speakers I have.  But they are probably about 30 + years old.  So, I'm looking for some advice.  If decided to get another used DENON - which one would you recommend?  And if I decided to get a new DENON receiver - which one would you recommend?  Also, has anyone ever used a Peachtree amp with Klipsch speakers?  The photo I'll attach of my speakers shows the backside of the speakers on the left and the front side on the right with the grill off.  They are sitting on the floor in my living room. 

Thanks

9339CE27-E115-47ED-BB41-8EED2E921F46_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 2

I've never seen this model before, but they are very interesting: they have  a Passive Radiator for full range performance in the back, something the much bigger Forte floorstanding speakers have. It basically means that these mini-Fortes will have really good low frequencies! That's really good news! Keep them and cherish them, they are quite rare, I think.

I'm sure others will here will help you identify these speakers.

You might try to spray deoxit on the volume and balance nobs of your Denon - on the inside, of course - and see if that restores the broken channel. Any amp, modern or vintage, will drive these speakers. Pick one fitting your budget.

Welcome to the forum, btw.

UPDATE:

These are Klipsch KG-2 speakers and they are around $300 worth on US mainland.

Read more about them, and their specs, here: https://www.klipsch.com/products/kg-2

Here are the specs: https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/files/KG2-brochure.pdf

And here about their history: 

• Like 2

Not sure why you woud buy a denon not working but it could be a fuse if there are any inside it.  I would not buy anther denon from what y sons have had and experienced. I would tell you t save up for a better one like pioneer...onkyo...marantz.  I use to recomend Accerories4less but their selection is low now but still pretty good buys there. Try and sell the KG4 and save up for a better pair such as Heresy 1s  or 2s you will have a much better sound. 

You didnt say what the problem was if its just noise when turning volume ??? You can clean the volume control with deoxit pretty easy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ricktate said:

Not sure why you woud buy a denon not working but it could be a fuse if there are any inside it.  I would not buy anther denon from what y sons have had and experienced. I would tell you t save up for a better one like pioneer...onkyo...marantz.  I use to recomend Accerories4less but their selection is low now but still pretty good buys there. Try and sell the KG4 and save up for a better pair such as Heresy 1s  or 2s you will have a much better sound. 

You didnt say what the problem was if its just noise when turning volume ??? You can clean the volume control with deoxit pretty easy. 

Some people here are not very 'kind' to these mini Fortes... Without giving a lot of arguments. 

I have never heard them myself but telling from the specs, these speakers should be fine in smaller rooms, on a bookshelf, for nearby listening. 

58 minutes ago, ILI_MeloManiac said:

Some people here are not very 'kind' to these mini Fortes... Without giving a lot of arguments. 

I have never heard them myself but telling from the specs, these speakers should be fine in smaller rooms, on a bookshelf, for nearby listening. 

Yes those in pic not KG-4, but are 2's. Kg-2 are going for $100-150 in nice condition. 

Nothing wrong with them, but, they are not 4's or Heresy. If can deoxit the Denon, the combo should play nice enough if fixes the problem.

2 way versus 3 way with Heresy and Forte.

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Yes those in pic not KG-4, but are 2's. Kg-2 are going for $100-150 in nice condition. 

Nothing wrong with them, but, they are not 4's or Heresy. If can deoxit the Denon, the combo should play nice enough if fixes the problem.

2 way versus 3 way with Heresy.

It seems these are not considered to belong to the Heritage line. Why not?

29 minutes ago, ILI_MeloManiac said:

It seems these are not considered to belong to the Heritage line. Why not?

Heresy belong to the Heritage, Forte and Chorus some call extended Heritage. Klipsch may have referred to these as the Classic line.

4 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

Correct me if i´m wrong, but wasn´t the KG-line what the R, RF and RPs are today? KG were sold during the 80´s and 90´s and then replaced. + what Billybob said.

The Epic and then the Reference line and then the RP.

Each, and the KG separate lines.

Guess you could say a continuation, but seperate.

Did have a look at the brochures about the KG2 & KG.0-line. Owning the 1.5 myself (and beeing happy about every time they play.), i have to say i´m really intrigued by these KG2s, looking at them, they really look like smaller Fortes. I´d love to listen to them - well, little chance of that, i guess...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

Did have a look at the brochures about the KG2 & KG.0-line. Owning the 1.5 myself (and beeing happy about every time they play.), i have to say i´m really intrigued by these KG2s, looking at them, they really look like smaller Fortes. I´d love to listen to them - well, little chance of that, i guess...

Well you never know what may pop up over there.

From KG .5 to 5.5 is alot of speakers. Had the 1.5...

Maybe the OP will let us know what he thinks if he can fix Denon.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, btlancaster24 said:

Hello, 

I have a set of Vintage Klipsch speakers that came with a DENON  DRA-25 receiver.  However, the receiver either needs repaired or replaced.  There is a problem with the right channel.  So, I have no idea which model of speakers I have.  But they are probably about 30 + years old.  So, I'm looking for some advice.  If decided to get another used DENON - which one would you recommend?  And if I decided to get a new DENON receiver - which one would you recommend?  Also, has anyone ever used a Peachtree amp with Klipsch speakers?  The photo I'll attach of my speakers shows the backside of the speakers on the left and the front side on the right with the grill off.  They are sitting on the floor in my living room. 

Thanks

9339CE27-E115-47ED-BB41-8EED2E921F46_1_105_c.jpeg

Yes they have used Peachtree but, we would need to know the model number first to advise. Let us know how removing the corrosion from the Denon works out.