RECORD COLLECTION

AnalOg

----------------

On 12/3/2002 11:24:52 AM rf3iicrazy wrote:

Hi Guys

I'm looking for info on a record album collectors guide. Any input would be appreciated. Also i remember some talk on this forum regarding the value of some issues of DSOTM. I'd like some info on that if anyone has any input.

----------------

For more info on anything records check out

http://www.recordcollectorsguild.org

They offer info, links, and have a record forum.

Regards,

~Michael~

----------------

On 12/3/2002 1:51:44 PM synthfreek wrote:

I can't imagine any or really worth anything except for a Mobile Fidelity pressing or one of the 1/2 speed masters. Millions of that record were pressed.

----------------

...I find MFSL not all that impressive half the time - esp. when compared to wonderful stampings like LSC-2225 Witches Brew Gibson/NSoL, LSC-1806 Strauss...Also Sparch Zarathrustra Reiner/CSO or the famous RCA LSC-1817 Serial # 1 -1267; (the 1 signifying the re-issue stamper number) of Fiedler's Offenbach interpretation.

Interestingly enough a sealed copy of DSOTM went for over $700 on epay last week... personally I don't mind paying $20 - $50 on a new quality 180 gram LP. but then I play my LPs - and don't collect for the sake of collecting.

Heck - $700 buys a lot of vinyl at the Goodwill 9.gif - esp @ $0.25 each.

Regards,

~Michael~

There are a series of publications called "The Official Guide to Records" by Jerry Osborne published by House of Collectibles, New York that has a pretty thorough listing of recordings & their value.