Need Passive Radiator for KG4.2........

synthfreek

I scotch taped (magic tape of course) mine until I received a replacement. You may want to ask Trey Cannon if he has a suitable, not exact, replacement that you could use to replace BOTH radiators, that's what I had to do. Good luck. too bad a KG4 radiator wont work, I still have one good one.

What's weird is that only one driver out of four is affected. It's dried out and brittle but all the rest seem nice and rubbery still. I called a few places here in Austin and got a quote of $35-40 to rebuild the rubber surround but using some sort of foam alternative. He suggested getting both radiators done so they'd be "balanced". At least a 2 week wait too. The other place said they rebuild surrounds for 10" woofers or radiators for $27.95 each also suggesting getting both done. They'd be done by Saturday even if I brought them in tomorrow. This sucks! I could get a like-new pair here in town for $200. Maybe I should just do that.

Could you post some pictures? I find this surprising and alarming. I thought rubber surrounds were suppose to last just about forever. Now, I wonder if I need to start treating mine (with silicone -- like I use on the rubber seals of my converitble).

BTW, I just replied to your email. 1.gif

synthfreek,

Give me your zipcode (here or via email) and I'll get a shipping cost for you. In the meantime I'll pull my PR out and confirm that it's a KD-101 and you do the same. I'll also look it over really well to make sure it's in tip-top shape! I might not be able to mail it until after the holidays, but I'll try my best to get it out by the 20th.

synthfreek,

Check your email. And yes you can have the screws too! I looked it over and pressed on the rubber all around to make sure it was still soft and pliable and not cracking anywhere. You opened this thread talking about you 6 month cleaning, and I wonder if some cleaning agent (like even just dusting spray on a rag) might have dried out your surrounds. Just a thought...