Cornwall 1's High Frequency Range

Westeagle

Hi Folks!

I recently purchased a pair of Heresy ii's and am very much enjoying them. These are my first set of Klipsch speakers after having had a prejudiced view that horns sounded harsh and honkey. Boy was I ever wrong. I really love the Heresy's and their natural aliveness.

So now I'm looking at upgrading, and have come across a pair of Cornwall 1's from the early 80's that are for sale. They are abut a 3.5 hour drive from me, so it's not easy to go out and just audition them.

From what I can gather online, some people say that the tweeter starts to drop off around 16kHz. The Heresy ii's tweeters are very satisfying to me and was wondering if these opinions I have heard about the Cornwalls were accurate? I am fortunate to be able to hear up to 20kHz, so speakers that roll off at 16k don't cut it for me.

It appears that I cannot find a reliable frequency response graph online to prove or disprove how high the tweeters go. The tweeters are K-77.

My question to the community is: do these really cut off at 16kHz, and if so, are there any 3rd party replacements for the k-77 tweeters that go up to 20kHz that would be recommended?

Thanks very much!

Westeagle