How to integrate a sub with my system

Jefe

My system consists of a Bluesound Node 2i going into a Benchmark DAC3 B input to a Tsakiridis Aeolos Ultra amp driving La Scala's. I would like to add a SVS SB16 Ultra. Can someone please tell me how to accomplish this and have the correct filtering between the sub and La Scala's?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baron167 said:

Why not “Tape Out” from your amp to the Line Level Input on the sub?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably because Tape Outs are usually set at a fixed volume.  He'd have to adjust the loudness of the sub by adjusting the sub's gain anytime he changed the master volume. 

9 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Whatever device that has RCA cables going into your amp, you would connect those RCA cables to the SVS first then run a second set to your amp. 

Is there any degradation of the signal to the amp when you go through the SVS first?

Probably because Tape Outs are usually set at a fixed volume.  He'd have to adjust the loudness of the sub by adjusting the sub's gain anytime he changed the master volume. 

Well this is totally normal and why the sub has multiple line level inputs, comes with an IR Remote control, and has an App for adjusting volume. Good luck connecting a sub with variable input in this scenario where the volume of the sub matches or blends with the volume of the speakers at all volumes. The sub volume will have to be adjusted regardless of connection method.

44 minutes ago, baron167 said:

Well this is totally normal and why the sub has multiple line level inputs, comes with an IR Remote control, and has an App for adjusting volume. Good luck connecting a sub with variable input in this scenario where the volume of the sub matches or blends with the volume of the speakers at all volumes. The sub volume will have to be adjusted regardless of connection method.

Does the sub filter out the low frequencies before sending the signal to the amp? And is there anyway to be able to adjust the volume of the amp and sub simultaneously?

2 hours ago, Jefe said:

Does the sub filter out the low frequencies before sending the signal to the amp? And is there anyway to be able to adjust the volume of the amp and sub simultaneously?

How do you adjust the volume currently?

The manual doesn't say.  Send an email to SVS, they're very prompt at answering technical questions. 

Not sure why you’re going down this path. This is using line level in/out.
I agree with the question “how are you adjusting volume now?”. By the system description, looks like everything is going through the DAC 3 B to the amp. Is the volume being controlled by the DAC3 B? Or another way? Likely want to connect to the sub from the DAC3 B or the amp. Also, the sub App is how you will access all the advanced settings for it.