Massiv difference in volume increments Klipsch remote vs. TV remote

Marko

Hello team

I connected the Klipsch The Fives over HDMI to my TV. As I like to keep it simple I want to navigate with the TV remote. But the volume increments are massivly higher. On the Klipsch remote 1 to 2 steps require about 15 presses on the TV remote which is way too much. Anyone else having the same issue?

Regards

Marko

• Like 1

Out of curiosity have you tried an optical cable instead?

Could it be a case where your TV volume or a setting for it is set incorrectly?  Do you have the TV speakers turned off and the audio output on your TV set to 'fixed' or something along those lines?

• Like 1

Same here, I was hoping to replace my Bose SoundTouch 300 soundbar with the Fives, I use my Roku remote but the results were the same. Any time I needed to change the volume level I found that I had to hold down the volume up/down buttons a lot longer than before, not only that I found that I was constantly changing the volume level every time I changed channels. It was so annoying that I stopped using them. I'm hoping that Klipsch can correct this with a firmware update but there hasn't been a new update in awhile.

-Skip

4 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Out of curiosity have you tried an optical cable instead?

Could it be a case where your TV volume or a setting for it is set incorrectly?  Do you have the TV speakers turned off and the audio output on your TV set to 'fixed' or something along those lines?

Optical makes it even worse. Sound is here but volume control shows the scale on the tv without changing the volume on the fives

4 hours ago, techguy52 said:

Same here, I was hoping to replace my Bose SoundTouch 300 soundbar with the Fives, I use my Roku remote but the results were the same. Any time I needed to change the volume level I found that I had to hold down the volume up/down buttons a lot longer than before, not only that I found that I was constantly changing the volume level every time I changed channels. It was so annoying that I stopped using them. I'm hoping that Klipsch can correct this with a firmware update but there hasn't been a new update in awhile.

-Skip

I wonder if it down to TV, speaker or remote. Maybe a universal remote change this but I dont want to buy one just to try this

2 minutes ago, Marko said:

Optical makes it even worse. Sound is here but volume control shows the scale on the tv without changing the volume on the fives

I thought optical is straight digital, and TVs didn't scale the digital values, so it has to be controlled by the analog audio amplifier.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Marko said:

I wonder if it down to TV, speaker or remote. Maybe a universal remote change this but I dont want to buy one just to try this

It's not the remote, I get the same results whether I use my Roku remote or my Samsung TV remote or my Google TV remote. It was so bad when I had The Fives connected via HDMI ARC that I would change TV channels standing near the The Fives so I could use the volume knob on the speaker to raise of lower the volume as needed since it was much faster that way.

I suspect the problem is with the DSP implementation in The Fives since the HDMI ARC spec is pretty much standard across the board. I'm hoping it can be fixed with a firmware update because even though I prefer the sound of The Fives I've had to go back to using my soundbar since the sudden volume changes were too much to deal with.