Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Thomas Newbie from Denmark

Should I go with new RP-402s or old RP-250s

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

I have a dedicated homecinema in my basement 4m wide and 7m long, with a 3,2m wide x 1,8m highscreen on the 4m wall.

I'm only a click away from buying new Klipsch speakers, but i'm in doubt of which surrounds speakers to choose.

I have a 7.1 setup with a Sony STR-DN1080 and i own a R-25c centerspeaker.

The front speakers I will buy is RP-280F's and then I will buy 2 x RP-160m's as rear.

 

My question is which of these two surround speakers should I buy:

RP-402s premiere II brand new but slightly more expensive

or RP-250s Piano black which has never been used and is still boxed but more than two years since he has purchased them.

 

Which will fit my room and the other Klipsch the best?

 

I really appriciate your inputs as I'm on unknown grounds here 

 

Best regards 

Thomas

Edited by Thomas Newbie from Denmark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 250s will give a fuller sound with their larger woofers.  They're less expensive and are from the same series as your other speakers so I'd go with those. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thomas Newbie from Denmark said:

 

I really appriciate your inputs as I'm on unknown grounds here 

 

Best regards 

Thomas

The Heritage Series are the creme de la creme -------Heresy-Forte -Chorus Cornwall-LaScala-khorn-Jubilee ,  given how long they last and the Original klipsch sound Signature ,  any one of these and no matter the age would be my first option ,  even if they would need a bit of work -

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

The Heritage Series are the creme de la creme -------Heresy-Forte -Chorus Cornwall-LaScala-khorn-Jubilee ,  given how long they last and the Original klipsch sound Signature ,  any one of these and no matter the age would be my first option ,  even if they would need a bit of work -

 

He's only asking about what side surrounds to use for his Reference Premiere theater. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wuzzzer said:

 

He's only asking about what side surrounds to use for his Reference Premiere theater. 

ok - so DITTO for the RP 250----BRAND NEW IS ALWAYS BETTER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

The 250s will give a fuller sound with their larger woofers.  They're less expensive and are from the same series as your other speakers so I'd go with those. 

Thank You very much Wuzzzer - I will buy the RP-250s then 🙂

Do you think the R25C which I allready have is okay for this setup or do I need to upgrade that one?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Thomas Newbie from Denmark said:

Thank You Randy 🙂 

Welcome to the Forum ,  Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

 

He's only asking about what side surrounds to use for his Reference Premiere theater. 

Maybe we could've talked him into 7 Jubilees 😀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

The 250s will give a fuller sound with their larger woofers.  They're less expensive and are from the same series as your other speakers so I'd go with those. 

 

20 minutes ago, Thomas Newbie from Denmark said:

Thank You very much Wuzzzer - I will buy the RP-250s then 🙂

Do you think the R25C which I allready have is okay for this setup or do I need to upgrade that one?

 

 

 

Would I be able to hear difference from a Klipsch RP-250C and the R-25C

or is the R-25C which I already have be just as good ?

I have just received a good offer for for a RP-250C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thomas Newbie from Denmark said:

 

 

Would I be able to hear difference from a Klipsch RP-250C and the R-25C

or is the R-25C which I already have be just as good ?

I have just received a good offer for for a RP-250C.

 

Only one way to tell!  I have no personal experience with the newest Klipsch but most everyone who has says the Reference Premiere line is a definite step up in overall quality and sound. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

 

Only one way to tell!  I have no personal experience with the newest Klipsch but most everyone who has says the Reference Premiere line is a definite step up in overall quality and sound. 

Thank you again Wuzzzer 🙂

I will go for the RP-250c then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...