McIntosh MA252

Kevin Willis

I am an old user of Klipsch speakers I have a pair of Fortes from 1985 and want to know how they will match up with the MA252 McIntosh. Any ideas ???

Right now my system is older 990 Yamaha av with a M45 Yamaha amp. I’m thinking after all these years it’s time to upgrade. I’m also considering a Rotel 1572 or 1592

Edited by Kevin Willis
Additional info

McIntosh has been on top for a long time because they perform

over and over again with solid engineering and build quality.

If I had to choose between my yamahas and McIntosh

it would be Yamaha for sound and McIntosh for build quality

That being said, my main system has been McIntosh for 40 years

my daughter and boyfriend both play instruments described the sound as "being there"

"they are playing right in front of us".... so I can't say Mc sounds bad, it great......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kevin Willis said:

I am an old user of Klipsch speakers I have a pair of Fortes from 1985 and want to know how they will match up with the MA252 McIntosh. Any ideas ???

I have forte 1s and had a ma252 for over a year. It was beautiful and sounded very good. I went to Upscale Audio and auditioned a Primaluna EVO 400 and ended up trading in the MA 252 because to my ears in my space the Primaluna sounded much better than the McIntosh hybrid. The ma252 looked awesome and was very well made but the EVO 400 was in another league in my tiny brain.

good luck with whatever you choose