RF-7 Speakers on Ebay

pettyfeversk

If anyone is interested, I listed my Klipsch RF-7 speakers on ebay. They are listed for 999.00 if they are picked up locally or can be shipped for 200.00 on top of the high bid. I had made a post on this forum earlier, they are less than 2 months old and in like new condition with the cherry finish. Stephen

I'm getting some Heresies next week. If I hate them, I will sell them. I would then be tempted to look into your RF7's. If I like the Heresies, I might start saving for some Cornwalls or K-horns. At any rate, I'm sure to post an opinion by Friday.

It is difficult for me to imagine someone actually wanting to sell those. What's "wrong"? What are you driving them with?

Yes, someone will get a great deal. but your'e a turkey cause you won't answer my questions.

You sure don't have to worry about being flamed for deciding you didn't like them -- everyone here will certainly respect you right not to like them, and your opinions sure ain't going to change my mind about them.

See what you did now...you still have to answer the other questions, and now you have to tell us what direction you are going in as well:):)

My wife is interested. Yippee. Just want to confirm they're cherry colored. We live all the way out in California also. Do you think you could pack them so as they would arrive safely? We're still deliberating about it as we're kind of broke due to the holidays and my wife's unrealisticly immature spending habits.

Thanks

Oops, she's right behind me now. I wish to edit this to read, "My wife's sensible spending habits."

I've spent some time working with the RF-7s. I think the speaker is a serious 2-way design. I'm listening to my Forte-IIs now and there was a large cymbal crash. It would have sounded better on the RF-7s because it would have come from a single horn rather then being split at 8KHz. RF-7s have an advantage in reproducing violins and harpsichords. Some other instruments and voices sound better on the Forte mid horn.

I think the RF-7 is voiced for popular HT, and benefits from mods to adapt it to a more natural sound.

Stock, it is dynamic and a lot of fun, but not very realistic. With some work the RF-7 can produce a clean high end that the Forte can't touch. The imaging can be holographic with the right material. It can be made to sound natural.

I recommend the RF-7 as a fun, dynamic speaker and as a challenging, but rewarding platform for 2-way tweaking. I think some people may, in either case, be attracted to that clean high end.

Amplification that is low distortion at low power is a must .. as it is for all Klipsch designs.

leok

Dean,

I'll be sure to return the horn voicing to stock after the Moondogs are in operation and broken in .. even if it's just a check. Certainly I'm not hearing the same thing you are.

That won't be for a while since the 'dogs aren't here yet .. missing a part or two still. Ron says they'll ship soon.

Leo