Klipschorns + Alluxity Power One Stereo Amp

Khorn

Just upgrading my main system and wonder if anyone here has heard Klipschorns driven by the Danish Alluxity Power One SS Stereo amplifier and can offer their impressions. I have this amp and a ModWright LS100 tube preamp on order and awaiting arrival. Thanks. 

• Like 2

We never know how our new gear will sound until placed in our room, but that amp has impressive stats, and that particular pre/amp combo should do well. 

Have you considered the matching Power Pre? I like the looks.

Nice screen name 😄

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

We never know how our new gear will sound until placed in our room, but that amp has impressive stats, and that particular pre/amp combo should do well. 

Have you considered the matching Power Pre? I like the looks.

Nice screen name 😄

Thanks. I have wanted to get back to tubes in my chain after many years of all SS. I’ve had all sorts of amplification driving my Klipschorns over the years and a tube pre and SS combination does it for me. As a previous McIntosh owner I was on the verge of getting one until I ran into the Alluxity. 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 7:48 AM, Khorn said:

Just upgrading my main system and wonder if anyone here has heard Klipschorns driven by the Danish Alluxity Power One SS Stereo amplifier and can offer their impressions. I have this amp and a ModWright LS100 tube preamp on order and awaiting arrival. Thanks. 

That combo should sound really good. Will you be connecting with XLR cables?

2 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

That combo should sound really good. Will you be connecting with XLR cables?

The pre has XLR outs but not fully balanced circuitry. The amp on the other hand is fully balanced. Since the signal would be in essence single ended and the runs are short I’ll probably stick with RCAs.