What is the crossover frequence for bass in AL-3

SpeedLimit

Hi @SpeedLimit

Here I simulated Type A electrically.

2 small difficulties:

1 - I cannot put the tweeter on when the midrange is not filtered by a series choke, because the software simulates a high response. Whereas in reality the medium drops naturally and that's why Klispch adds a tweeter with 2 µF above. When there is the 0.5 mH self I can simulate. I would have had to manage to simulate the fall of the medium above 5 or 6 kHz, but for the moment I do not know how.

2 - without inverting the phase of the woofer, there is a hole around 400Hz, but this is not necessarily the reality, because the load in the horn of the woofer can be the phase acoustically: that I do not know and it would be necessary to measure : or do the phase inversion test of the 2 boomers to see what you like the most.

Also be careful, you may need to adjust the level of each speaker when listening.

For the moment I have not simulated Type AA, we will see later.

En français : 

Voilà j'ai simulé Type A électriquement.
2 petites difficultés :

1 - je ne peux pas mettre le tweeter quand le médium n'est pas filtré par une self en série, car le logiciel simule une réponse dans l'aigu. Alors que dans la réalité le médium chute naturellement et c'est pour cela que Klispch rajoute un tweeter avec 2 µF au-dessus.Lorsqu'il y a la self 0,5 mH je peux simuler. Il aurait fallu que j'arrive à simuler la chute du médium au-dessus de 5 ou 6 kHz, mais pour le moment je ne sais pas faire.

2 - sans inverser la phase du boomer, il y a un trou vers 400 hz, mais ce n'est pas forcément la réalité, car la charge en pavillon du boomer inverse peut être la phase acoustisquement : ça je ne sais pas et il faudrait mesurer : ou faire le test d'inversion de phase des 2 boomers pour voir ce qui te plaît le plus. Attention aussi, il faut peut-être ajuster les niveau de chaque HP à l'écoute. Pour le moment je n'ai pas simulé Type AA, on verra plus tard

Type A without electrical phase inversion and without tweeter, beware the acoustic result may be different because of the load and the midrange curve without the tweeter.

Type A sans inversion de phase électrique et sans tweeter, attention le resultat acoustique est peut-être différent à cause de la charge et de la courbe du médium sans tweeter.

mqf9.jpg

Type A Phase inversion

pe5h.jpg

Type A 0.5mH + 2µF

ebdb.jpg

Type A 0.5mH + 4µF

h1gu.jpg

😎

Thank you for all what you have done for me mustang_flht.

In the same time, i made the type A crossover, one time with 4 µF and back with 2 µF, like the original type-A.

Then, i have tried to put the tweeter on the tap4 of the autotransformer ... something like 5 minutes and went back again to the tap5.

When i have put the tweeter on the tap4, it was like my other crossover, like a hole in the mid-high frequencies.

So perhaps, the problem of the other cross was a too low level of the tweeter, combined with a hole between meddles and high frequencies.

I will try for few days (weeks) the type A. I have put it in the upper cabinets of my clones La Scala.

• Like 1

the 3 crossovers i tried ... the AL-3 with all caps changed .. the other (on the right of the picture - it's only for squawker and tweeter, bass was the AL-3 components), calculated by friends and simulated by mustang_flht and the third, the type-A with a little difference on the inductance (2,7 mH or it should be 2,5 mH).  The simulation says, it is only a few Hz difference , so i will let the 2,7 mH.

IMG_20210403_162023.jpg

this is the type-A

IMG_20210403_162033.jpg

This is the AL-3

IMG_20210403_162038.jpg

This is only for medium / high frequ.

IMG_20210403_162043.jpg

• Like 1