FS: ALK-5800 & ES-400 Extreme crossovers Sold

bkwa1959

ALK-5800 & ES-400 crossovers, the 5800 was built by Al and the ES-400 were built by a Klipsch forum expert Mark1101 and he went all out with auricaps taking this great sounding crossovers to the next level.

When I first put these in my Klipschorns I had to make a couple of adjustments to my liking, the bass is deep and the sound from the top hats is crystal clear without any edge or brightness.I am downsizing and I have put my Klipschorns up for sale locally and thought they would sell better without the upgrades.Al now charges 1800+ for his crossovers and they don’t have the auricaps.1000.00 plus shipping the 4 pieces are heavy and they will not be cheap to ship. I will be glad to email more pictures 

53DE9A5D-99CF-4243-8283-8A39CC8467FC.jpeg

All the caps in those networks (the boards I built) were hand matched pairs by the suppliers  They would always write the values on the caps in send them in plastic bags as matched pairs.  None of this 5% or 10% tolerance BS.  I made them match exactly.  You can see where they wrote the values on at least one cap that is showing this.  I always did this when I built networks in an effort to have very closely matched L/R channels.  They always came out dead nuts.

Whoever gets these will be very happy.