UN MODIFIED

Jim Cornell

Geeezzzz jim , you change your mind like i change my underwear. lol.

Is'nt this hobby / lifestyle fun .

Have yourself a great holiday season if i don't talk to you by then.

BTW hows the originals sound now ??

edit time : FINI - you leave my underwear out of this one !!

I could have the modified set tomorrow, then stock the day after,, LOL!

Its that easy, 30 min per side LOL

No, the altecs will go out in the shed, Im thinking of building my own complete speaker with the top mods!

These sound just as good as the mod, a bit brighter, but thats the true Klipschorn!

But to all the mods out there , they are all nice!

I can hoestly say, IVE DONE EVERYTHING ONCE!

Well, that would depend, we have Fini here LOL

Im not gay LOL

Regards Jim

9.gif

I always say

"What's the point of having a mind if you can't change it?"

Since I went to tubes I have had no compulsion to change the horns. I can understand that desire with SS.

PWK voiced the khorns with a PP 2A3 tube amp. You are now hearing what he wanted them to sound like, more or less.

the great cycle of life...who among us has not reverted or regretted after some modifications? the original k-horn is tough to beat! now we can get back to endless fiddling with elecronics and cables! lol! enjoy the "new" k-horns jim, tony

btw, let us how how it sounds with the CJ amp...

BA HA HA HA HA......or to be 'board correct'....LOL!!!

Jim, you get the old FFF award!!! I take my hat off to you.....when you get the 'tinker bug', you really get the bug. I would wager that 'back to stock' will not placate your need to fiddle, and we'll all be reading about your 'unmod' being unmodded. Kind of an un-un-mod. Ahem.....of course you know that if you had gone the full route the first time and replaced that 'buzz box' K55 driver with a SAHF......oops....don't want to put a bug in your ear.....

"the original k-horn is tough to beat!" Not to be a smartbutt, but the 511 is MUCH closer to the 'original' Khorn than the K400/500/700 horn! The 'original' Khorn had the curved wood version of the 511b, esentially the same horn but manufactured for the duration. The 511b does not 'delaminate' and then start to emit 'clacking' type noises. The current 'straight' horn configuration cut in around the late 50's.

Looking forward to hearing about your next exploits, Jim!