La Scalas and Crites CT120 tweeters, possible?

laemmle

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Don't understand what you are saying here?  Are you talking vintage LS, new LS, or?

The bolts are from the horn side. If you mount the horn on the front you can’t get to the bolt holes to put the driver back

On 5/25/2021 at 10:15 AM, laemmle said:

Hello,

I am swapping my Crites 125s for 120s and I can't figure out how to install them. The 125s had the horn that you can unscrew from the driver but the 120s seem to have the thread of the horn glued to a circular plate that unbolts from the driver but won't fit through the tweeter port. Is it possible to install them?

Thank you.

edit: I should have mentioned I have the horns front mounted through the tweeter port with the driver on the inside. I preferred the sound with the 125s.

Why not call Crites?  They know more about the CT120s and CT125s than nearly anyone, so they’d be your best source of information and advice.  Their customer service is very good.  Whether you bought them there or from someone else who bought them there should not make much difference.

Also, if you prefer the sound of the 125s, why are you installing the 120s?  Am I understanding your plan correctly?

BTW, I have a pair of CT125s in my La Scalas, and I’m very happy with them.

On 5/26/2021 at 9:09 AM, jimjimbo said:

I don't think the SMAHL/120 is "too laid back".....personally I think it is well balanced, especially in combination with the A55G mid.  I am not a fan of the "zip"....HF seems too bright and crackly....if that's a word.

I am really liking the sounds of this statement (from a guy who has a six-pack of A55-G and the aforementioned tweeters here for Cornwall Theater refresh).

Just now, Audible Nectar said:

I am really liking the sounds of this statement (from a guy who has a six-pack of A55-G and the aforementioned tweeters here for Cornwall Theater refresh).

Thank you! Glad you are enjoying them.

2 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Thank you! Glad you are enjoying them.

I'm not yet at the enjoyment stage - still in parts, crossovers being built, grill cloths being replaced, pre-pro being replaced......it's all bought and here on "theoretical" but a very well researched set of theoreticals, and it's good to see people who know/own what I'm installing into mine those qualities I seek as purpose for said changes.

So we'll see just how much I do enjoy them in the not too distant future (albeit could be the rest of summer before it reopens).