Computer 5.1 audio

Sear-way

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 9:42 AM, Sear-way said:

Hello everyone;

Does anyone else think that Klipsch should offer a 5.1 version of their promedia 2.1 computer speaker? I personally think so highly of mine that I think the company should expand the line.

To make things easier on the 5.1 front for a PC, I went with a digital fiber optic cable (SPDIF or TOSLINK:   https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Fiber-Optic-Cables/zgbs/electronics/1288217011) from my PC to an Onkyo 6.1 surround receiver.  This puts all the surround processing onto the receiver. 

To that I hooked up a pair of KP-3002 for the main R/L,  a pair of KPT-100 centers (with an additional amp for the second speaker, visible in the upper right of the pic), the side R/L are a pair of Super Heresy, and the back R/L is a pair of KP-1000 (modded to make them a 2-way with K-701 horns and K-55-V drivers), and an SW8-II sub.

For music, you change the output to all channels R and L.  An amazing sound stage develops in this mode.  Music sounds like you are on stage in the middle of the band!  (Ann and Nancy are RIGHT HERE!)

For 5.1, you change it to PLII or Neo:Cinema.  The surround sound from movies on my computer is simply amazing.  Watching Dunkirk (for instance) puts you right in the middle of the firefight.  Rounds are flying front to back and opposite.  You find yourself flinching, wanting to duck so as to not get hit...

Here's a pic so that you get an idea what I am talking about.  Keep in mind that my monitor is a 55" Sony 4K TV and the woofers in the KP-3002 on either side are 15"!:

Desktop.jpg

• Like 1