Cornwall 1 and Forte iii

tivorocks

Hello...

I am looking as a buyer at a local sale of an original owner pair of Cornwall 1s.  I have not seen them yet but they appear to be in very very good shape.  The listing describes them as Cornwall IIs purchased in 1983, but visually they appear to be late Cornwall 1s (back mounted drivers, and three bottom ports rather than two).  Trust me I am no Klipsch expert.  Currently I rotate thru a pair of JBL L100s and Forte iiis,  using a Primaluna Prologue Premium Integrated amp.  Realizing the Cornwalls are 40 years old would it be a downward move buying vs the Fortes?  I wouldn't keep both.  I'm an audio lover not a flipper.  If I bought the Cornwalls I would service the crossovers if needed etc.  I don't listen to classical, jazz, or country.  I am a rocker....Floyd, Dire Straights, Supertramp, Alice in Chains, Tool etc.  I just would hate to pass on a nice pair of original owner Cornwalls...but I don't want to make a lateral or downward move.  Help....

• Like 2

Think some may be doing well with that amp brand and Cornwall's.

A couple of things.

Your post reads like you already have Fortes and, may as well get a pic of the rear stickers on the Cornwall's.

Then as long as you can live with the price of either.

Thanks!

@tivorocks

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tivorocks said:

looking as a buyer at a local sale of an original owner pair of Cornwall 1s

Yes; go get them ... they are much better than (anemic) Forte's. Sorry, have had several Forte's and never got excited by them :( 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Think some may be doing well with that amp brand and Cornwall's.

A couple of things.

Your post reads like you already have Fortes and, may as well get a pic of the rear stickers on the Cornwall's.

Then as long as you can live with the price of either.

Thanks!

@tivorocks

Yes I currently have Forte iiis and rotate them with a pair of JBLs.  The Cornwalls would replace the Fortes.

Edited by tivorocks

14 minutes ago, tivorocks said:

Yes I currently have Forte iiis and rotate them with a pair of JBLs

Well, would think those 3s do very well for you?

On the other hand, those Cornwall's would be hard for me to pass up, regardless of 1s or 2s if condition and all checked out, along with price. With Klipsch do believe bigger better, etc.

As long as y can get some input here on those  Cornwalls and your amp. I tend to listen at loud volume also. Been boogying since 61...

0oops, see you posted the Cornwall 1s...

Edited by billybob

For me the nod would go to the FIII. I owned those and before that had some Cornwall IIs. The forte III is much more refined and a more complete speaker to my ears. But if you’ve got some good tubes, a big room and just want to rock out, the Cornwall may be your ticket.

• Like 1