finally found a sweet pair of 2.1 for my computer!!

Femtochemistry

Why does it even have to be 2.1??

Why not just 2 channel?

I would rather have a good stereo setup than a set of computer speakers on all sides.

I guess its just me but I'm not that keen on the small sattelite speaker with sub kind of sound.

Admittedly the ProMedias sound better than most and I have not heard the altecs of which you speak but I think that for the price of the pm5.1 I would go with a set of Alesis studio monitors and matching power amp.

The Alesis Monitor1's are what my dad has in his home studio and they play the heck out of most speaker's that I have heard that compare in size and looks.

Still this is just my opinion, I'll try and give those altecs a listen some time.

Peace, Josh

why not 2.0?

Swan Diva's. great speakers, amazing sound, 2.0 cut off around 55Hz

price, your dad's setup may sound terrific, but i have a feeling it cost more than $179

the altec 621's are nice, but they don't have the pin point accuracy of the promedia's. theya re wonderful, i love how smooth the bass transition is. but i will probably never leave klipsch's promedia line. after investing in over 7 promedia systems and never having a problem and always loving them, i think i am set for life! :)

hi,

When it comes to computer speakers, i am a huge fun of altec--most bang for the buck. I had a pair of ACS-340 on my 4 year old meachine--and never had a single problem and they still work till this day! For some odd reason, the PM line never got to me--i just didnt like the way it sounded--to each his own.

later4.gif

Justin,

You are right about price, $199 for the speakers and $199 for the amp.

Still I would take them over a pair of PM5.1

But hey thats just me.

The Alesis are easily solid to 45Hz, designed to be a studio monitor with a flat sound, very clear and unnoticeable imo.

Not everybody wants to spend that much on speakers though.

I'm just a sick little fiend who always wants bigger and better11.gif

Peace, Josh