CL: KP-2002-C (Orlando)

billybob

On 8/3/2021 at 7:54 PM, billybob said:

$300

They ended up not selling them, so I contacted them and offered full asking price if they would hold them for me until the weekend.  They kindly obliged, so I will be able to drive over Saturday morning (around 2 hours each way...).

I think they will go nicely with their big brothers, the kp-3002's.  I think I will use them both as my center channel, and move the KPT-100's to the rear of the 6.1 / 7.1 setup.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2021 at 12:11 PM, billybob said:

Enjoy your day out...watch out for tourists.

Thank you, I definitely did.  These turned out to unused, or nearly so.  No scratches.  At all.  No wear or tear, no gunk in the rat fur, nothing.  Just pristine.

I will be hooking them up in a few minutes to see how they get along with the rest of the system, but I don't foresee any issues.  It doesn't look like anyone has ever plugged in a 1/4" connector in the back of these things.  According to the owner, his half brother was a musician who bought these new and only used them a couple of times, which is believable due to the condition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, billybob said:

Cool man...let know how they do in the lineup please...

They turned out to be fantastic.  The sound is now more full and the stage seems wider.  More comments once I've run them for a while. 

One thing I did notice while carrying them into the house was the box "rang" when I lightly bumped it against a door jam.  It vibrated like a bell.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Oicu812 said:

One thing I did notice while carrying them into the house was the box "rang" when I lightly bumped it against a door jam.  It vibrated like a bell.

I had a KP speaker which had a similar anomaly. The pair sounded okay, but not exactly right. Thumping the woofers with the tips of my fingers produced a springing sound from one.   

8 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I had a KP speaker which had a similar anomaly. The pair sounded okay, but not exactly right. Thumping the woofers with the tips of my fingers produced a springing sound from one.   

It doesn't seem to be affecting the sound at all.  I took it to mean that the box construction was still tight and has not been beaten up with travel and use.  I will keep an ear on it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oicu812 said:

It doesn't seem to be affecting the sound at all.  I took it to mean that the box construction was still tight and has not been beaten up with travel and use.  I will keep an ear on it.

It was weird, I had never heard anything like it before. I ended up cutting the dust cap off where I found a small dab of bronze colored powder on in the voice coil area. I cleaned it and the noise cleaned up too... no more weird sound when I thumped on it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Oicu812 said:

you're right -----it's the dense OSB  composite heavy wood construction that's extremely tight  and these speakers are sealed like a vault   -these were built by   WWR under contract for  klipsch , they have a particular resonance , plus carpet dampens the vibrations down to 0 --