Glueing original cane fabric onto grill panels

dtr20

Does anyone have any tips on glueing the original cane fabric onto grill panels for a pair of heresies? The speakers were beat to hell when I got them. The fabric came off easily and I was able to hand wash the fabric in the tub. The creases are still in the fabric so lining them up should be relatively easy. I was thinking about using speaker woofer surround glue (comes with woofer foam surround repair kits). Any thoughts? 

10 hours ago, dtr20 said:

Does anyone have any tips on glueing the original cane fabric onto grill panels for a pair of heresies?

-masonite should be painted black , this was the standard at klipsch for Heritage grilles ----the fabric sticks a lot better on paint rather than on plain hardboard masonite - 

Wow so that's what the cane can look like?  Just fooling.  I had to have my cane grilles off when I really cared about listening, FWIW.  If it was me, I might take the chance to make another set of grille boards w/ different grille material, too.  Keep the originals for non-use or resale, etc.  All that said, I have a serious soft-spot for cane and wish more of the old grille stuff (besides instrument amp fabics) were available.  If you don't know and just want something to hold until you are, I'd staple the 4 corners--the corners and midpoints are the unwieldy bits (unless you have loose tots, almost nothing is (grand-)kid-proof but well-secured cane comes close).