Who owns this 299 ??

NOSValves

Tell you one thing its a wonder the amp made it here in one piece the packing job was horrible. 5 of the tubes were bouncing around in the box !! But the amp made it without a scratch ! The tubes I'm not to sure about.

I make a special email folder for each amp I do and I think I mistakenly deleted Eds folder probably thought it was EDsters . I spoke to the older gentlemen that shipped the amp and found out who's it was. I didn't have the heart to tell him he didn;t package it worth a darn. This was a private sale not from ebay.

Craig

Sorry fellas but this one is mine. NOS, this is the one that I sent you the pictures of. I talked to them the other night and was told that it wasn't in the mail yet. DJ is an old vet who served with the Royal Canadian Air Force back in WWII. It was really nice to talk with him, we kind of hit it off because he was once stationed in England back in the 40s. He really got excited when I mentioned that I went to the rededication of the American War Museum at Duxford about a month ago. All of the attendees were in their 70s who travelled mostly from the states and europe to attend. George Bush Sr and Prince Charles were keynote speakers. It is a pleasure to talk to the old vets, they can talk for hours about stuff that is not in the history books.

Sorry for the digression, It's good the hear that the 299A made it safely and is in good condition considering the packing job. NOS, I'm not in a hurry for this. I've been perusing the forum and people are sending you equipment from all over. Take your time with this one and I'll give you a call later.

Mobile, I do not make as much money as the actor. Thank God for the new defense budget that George Jr recently signed.

Ed Ellis-(Harris)

Chris,

You are right, you risk getting flamed if you say anything about modern-day politics on this board. I remember that longgggg political thread not too long ago. Talk about differing opinions on a subject!!

No Flames please - The Defense Budget has something to do with my bottom-line. Now that NOS has my amp I will need the extra in my pay check.

EE