Tweeter for the newest La Scala

jason str

21 minutes ago, jason str said:

If I went to town they would probably fit but I remember at least 2 plys worth but I quit thinking I'll worry about it later and made a little shim instead.

Jason -

now I understand why @Marvel    mounted the tweeter on top of his cabinet ---the space is quite tight in that area ,---and you have to take out the K400 then route a rounded  section of the wood  to clear the top of the magnet  -easier to simply fit them on a bracket on top of the speakers -

-I have 2 CT125's but I've never tried to fit them in my LSI speakers (  I also have about 6 or 8 APT50's  older versions with the Eminence horn --- brand new  , I love these tweeter's sound , very simple upgrades to EV speakers ,  practically  same sound as the K77  )

1 minute ago, RandyH001 said:

Jason -

now I understand why @Marvel    mounted the tweeter on top of his cabinet ---the space is quite tight in that area ,---and you have to take out the K400 then route a rounded  section of the wood  to clear the top pf the magnet  -easier to simply fit them on a bracket on top of the speakers -

-I have 2 CT125's but I've never tried to fit in my LSI speakers (  I also have about 6 or 8 APT50's  older versions with the Eminence horn --- brand new  , I love these tweeter's sound , very simple upgrades to EV speakers    )

I was worried about burning the finish.

The Squawker has to be removed, it is tight in there.

50 minutes ago, RandyH001 said:

now I understand why @Marvel    mounted the tweeter on top of his cabinet ---the space is quite tight in that area ,---and you have to take out the K400 then route a rounded  section of the wood  to clear the top of the magnet  -easier to simply fit them on a bracket on top of the speakers -

I had no problem on my '89 LS, the y fit just fine. My older son had bought the APT50 and the 150 horn for a project of his own, but gifted them to me. That's why I have those in the baffles on top. I sold the original ones I had purchased from Bob C., and the K77s.

16 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I had no problem on my '89 LS, the y fit just fine. My older son had bought the APT50 and the 150 horn for a project of his own, but gifted them to me. That's why I have those in the baffles on top. I sold the original ones I had purchased from Bob C., and the K77s.

I kept a set of square magnet K77's.

Fried but clean.

On 11/3/2021 at 5:20 PM, Travis In Austin said:

It's not going to get you there. It's a neo driver with a wide dispersion modified tractrix horn. You would also need the new AL5 network to make it all work. 

Roy indicated that, at least initially, upgrade kits would not be available for either the AL5 or the AK6 (same issues)...

Yep.

The top sections were redesigned to accommodate the new horn, which is quite a bit bigger than the K-77. 

Looking at the factory supplied plot, with the driver on a conical horn, which is probably Constant Directivity to keep vertical and horizontal dispersion even, you can see the substantial drop in output after 5kHz. That would require a lot of correction in the network to even it out.

CDX07-1075 - Celestion

• Thanks 1