Re: R-15PM Not working

Myke

Sorry if this is a repost, but not having much luck coming across resolutions to this issue.   I have a pair of R-15PM speakers on my desk.  When they are powered on the indicator light just blinks very rapidly no matter which source it has, I was using optical from my desktop but the light doesn't change when I disconnect the optical cable and power cycle the speakers.  I have unplugged them from power and left them without power and the issue persists after power is restored.  I have a support ticket open and I Did try to see if it's a firmware and a factory reset would work.  However I'm not having much luck locating a factory reset so I followed steps that are on other similar speakers, Unplug from power.  hold down input select button(in which my case it's the volume on the back) and then plug the speakers back in.  The remote has no function even with a batter replacement and the input button on the back has no effect on changing the colors of the LED or stopping the flickering. 

Looking to see if anyone else has come across this and how did you resolve it.

Thanks

15 hours ago, Myke said:

Sorry if this is a repost, but not having much luck coming across resolutions to this issue.   I have a pair of R-15PM speakers on my desk.  When they are powered on the indicator light just blinks very rapidly no matter which source it has, I was using optical from my desktop but the light doesn't change when I disconnect the optical cable and power cycle the speakers.  I have unplugged them from power and left them without power and the issue persists after power is restored.  I have a support ticket open and I Did try to see if it's a firmware and a factory reset would work.  However I'm not having much luck locating a factory reset so I followed steps that are on other similar speakers, Unplug from power.  hold down input select button(in which my case it's the volume on the back) and then plug the speakers back in.  The remote has no function even with a batter replacement and the input button on the back has no effect on changing the colors of the LED or stopping the flickering. 

Looking to see if anyone else has come across this and how did you resolve it.

Thanks

The flashing light makes me think it's fried an amp or something catastrophic. Are they still under warranty? Hopefully...

Sounds bad. I have a pair of the R-51PM and love them but I worry about the electronics because Klipsch powered subwoofers have a bad reputation for the amplifier dying. I cannot imagine them doing a bad job on subwoofer reliability and then over in some other room deciding, "Our powered bookshelf speakers MUST be rock solid reliable!!!" If mine ever die I will probably try to convert them to passive. 

• Like 1

The blinking light is fault indicator which is why you have no sound, it is in a protection mode.

These active speakers use the same technology as the subwoofers that suffer the same problems. You need to either bring it to a tech if they are out of warranty or open it up and post pictures, you may get lucky with seeing something burnt or some swollen blown caps or something but usually that isn't the case and you need to know how to properly test each stage of the switching supply as I doubt it's the amplification board. Simple way to see if it is the power supply is to measure the voltage out of the power supply board to the other boards.

21 hours ago, Myke said:

Sorry if this is a repost, but not having much luck coming across resolutions to this issue.   I have a pair of R-15PM speakers on my desk.  When they are powered on the indicator light just blinks very rapidly no matter which source it has, I was using optical from my desktop but the light doesn't change when I disconnect the optical cable and power cycle the speakers.  I have unplugged them from power and left them without power and the issue persists after power is restored.  I have a support ticket open 

You're experiencing a Hardware issue , are your Speakers  still under klipsch warranty ?

• 1 year later...
On 11/20/2021 at 10:28 AM, Pondoro said:

Sounds bad. I have a pair of the R-51PM and love them but I worry about the electronics because Klipsch powered subwoofers have a bad reputation for the amplifier dying. I cannot imagine them doing a bad job on subwoofer reliability and then over in some other room deciding, "Our powered bookshelf speakers MUST be rock solid reliable!!!" If mine ever die I will probably try to convert them to passive. 

My experience with zklipsch electronics ??

Sent back the DVD Player ,7 times before it hit the trash bin