How to connect powered subwoofer R-12SW to a stereo tube amp (2-channel) without sub output?

JohnZ

Hi @Peter P.

Actually, the short lengths of 14-gauge speaker wire I made first went into the pinch connectors on the Russound, and the other end of the wires I threaded through the back of the banana plug posts, which screw in and out.  

I believe the wires are making good contact; however, I have purchased horseshoes connectors which I plan to use instead of threading the the ends of the speaker wires into the holes the banana plug posts at the back of the Reisong A10 amp.  I think doing so will assure I’m getting the best connection possible, and faster connection should I have to unplug the Russound adapter.

Thanks again for your guidance.

I need this product to connect my old 2-channel stereo receiver into my speakers AND a powered DIY sub that doesn't have high level OUT.

Can anybody point me to plans and a parts list so I can DIY it for a few bucks?  I can solder.

• Like 1

WVU80, it is just a voltage divider. The 2 resistors per channel chosen by Russound are 3.9 k and 430 ohms. My main concern is fabbing something up that won't be wonky. You don't want to be fussing with it all the time. Probably best on a piece of "vector" board or similar.

On the Russound board the R1 below is 3.9K and R2 is 430. The values shown below would probably work also

Speaker level to line level - Electrical Engineering Stack Exchange

• Thanks 1

On 1/28/2022 at 7:14 PM, babadono said:

WVU80, it is just a voltage divider. The 2 resistors per channel chosen by Russound are 3.9 k and 430 ohms. My main concern is fabbing something up that won't be wonky. You don't want to be fussing with it all the time. Probably best on a piece of "vector" board or similar.

On the Russound board the R1 below is 3.9K and R2 is 430. The values shown below would probably work also

Speaker level to line level - Electrical Engineering Stack Exchange

So I have this thought about this. I am planning on building a DIY tube amp, it seems like it would be a no brainer to just solder up the divider network inside the case and put a line level output on the case. Is this a sensible endeavor or something not feasible?  

28 minutes ago, sbcoffey42 said:

So I have this thought about this. I am planning on building a DIY tube amp, it seems like it would be a no brainer to just solder up the divider network inside the case and put a line level output on the case. Is this a sensible endeavor or something not feasible?  

Probably will work. Better would be the voltage divider and then some kind of buffer circuit to drive the cable. But we're talking about frequencies below 120 Hz so if some detail at frequencies above are filtered out it won't matter.