Veterans with dementia?

DizRotus

I hope all veterans area easily able to receive the assistance they need and earned.

Unfortunately, my friend’s spouse died a couple months ago.  The long goodbye for my friend lasted approximately 4years.  She and her USAF Captain husband deserved better.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
On 12/17/2022 at 7:57 PM, DizRotus said:

I hope all veterans area easily able to receive the assistance they need and earned.

Unfortunately, my friend’s spouse died a couple months ago.  The long goodbye for my friend lasted approximately 4years.  She and her USAF Captain husband deserved better.

Yes they do, very sorry to hear that.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Unfortunately, my grandmother was also recently diagnosed with dementia. There are no scientifically verified methods of treating it.
If there was a cure, we wouldn't be discussing hypotheses here.
As far as I know, slowing down the decline of brain functions requires a combination of various factors.

In my grandmother case all started with a  psychological testing in NYC.
Neuropsychological tests can help differentiate between different types of dementia and determine if cognitive impairments are due to an underlying neurodegenerative condition. By assessing various cognitive domains such as memory, attention, language, executive function, and visuospatial skills, the tests can provide insights into specific cognitive deficits characteristic of different types of dementia.

Doing Supportive Therapies.
Various supportive therapies, such as music therapy, art therapy, and pet therapy, have shown benefits in improving mood, reducing anxiety, and enhancing social interaction for individuals with dementia.

Cognitive Stimulation.
Engaging in activities that stimulate the brain, such as puzzles, games, and memory exercises, may help maintain cognitive function and improve overall well-being.

Edited by MassiveG
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...