Finally Did It!!

erikjohn

Yeh I am so excited. I feel very lucky to have the system that I have. It all started with a pair of Heresey's about 12 years ago and now its finally becoming my dream system. I am lucky that I have a wife that will allow me to do it. I mean we are building an addition and she is letting me have my own room that is 25'x 30' just for HT and a pool table in the rear. It seems like it was just ysterday that I was in college, living in my parents basement, and driving a rusted out blazer and now I have all of this. I must have done something right because God is definitely watching over me. In 1 1/2 months we will blessed with our second child which incidentally will be another boy.

EJ 1.gif

I will definitely post pictures once it is complete. Right now I am working out the details on how I am going to mount the Lascalas, Cornwalls and Hereseys from the ceiling. After work today I am going to go home and finish installing the blocking in the ceiling. I have drafted everything out in autocad how they are going to hang and and the angles. Originally I wanted to hang them so that you can not see the hangers but I couldnt figure out a way to safely do it without having to screw into the cosmetic portions of the speakers or tottaly beefing up the internal structures and then modifiying the backs and bottoms to accept hangers. I have settled on hanging them from 3/4" stainless steel coil rod thru ss angle. I am going to catch the fronts with a peice of SS angle with the lip to catch and allow them to tilt forward and then I will reverse the angle and the back and it will just support verticle forces. I am not exactly sure if I will pait the rod or cover it with something, but in the end it is going to be trick.

Fini,

Yea, I love the 45A. No complaints. It sounds and looks great with all formats.

EJ1.gif