best place to buy Klipsch online

manufanatic

Hello, I am in the market for the RC 3 II and was wondering what you guys thought the best online sites were... I have checked Crazy eddies and hypaudio as well as authorized electronics out of new york none however are authorized by klipsch. Should that be a concern? my other klipsch's were bought from authorized dealers (aafes and One Call) but unfortunately they dont carry the RC 3 II. Any help would be appreciated

I'm sure you read the Authorized Dealers statement on the Klipsch site, so I won't repeat the gist of that here.

To the best of my knowledge, there are NO authorized Internet dealers for Klipsch (except for UBID), including OneCall. Authorized dealers may advertise on the 'net that they have Klipsch, but unless they are willing to deliver it personally (versus a common carrier), they are not permitted to sell and ship out of the area.

Depends on how much of a savings you get. If you figure the possible risk of not getting it repaired for free during the warranty period is worth the savings, go for it. Or, if you deal with a reputable non-authorized dealer (i.e. has been in business for a while, deals straight with you, has good reviews/feedback) you can check how they cover the warranty and see if you are comfortable with it. Most repair it themselves or pay someone to repair it for you.

DD

----------------

On 12/27/2002 1:53:14 AM dougdrake wrote:

I'm sure you read the Authorized Dealers statement on the Klipsch site, so I won't repeat the gist of that here.

To the best of my knowledge, there are NO authorized Internet dealers for Klipsch (except for UBID), including OneCall. Authorized dealers may advertise on the 'net that they have Klipsch, but unless they are willing to deliver it personally (versus a common carrier), they are not permitted to sell and ship out of the area.

Depends on how much of a savings you get. If you figure the possible risk of not getting it repaired for free during the warranty period is worth the savings, go for it. Or, if you deal with a reputable non-authorized dealer (i.e. has been in business for a while, deals straight with you, has good reviews/feedback) you can check how they cover the warranty and see if you are comfortable with it. Most repair it themselves or pay someone to repair it for you.

DD

----------------

As far as onecall is concerned they are authorized to sell discontinued klipsch products. The products carry the full klipsch warranty. AAFES is the army and airforce exchange service and are authorized to sell klipsch and they had the rc 3 II for 299 and i had a rebate of 15% off but when i went to buy it they informed me they will no longer carry this model. 8.gif Hopefully if im patient i will find a good deal somewhere.

I have bought once from Crazy Eddie (about 6

weeks ago) and wasn't too happy with the

situation. First off, they make up for good

prices by charging rediculous shipping

charges. I bought a DVD player and

they charged $27 shipping! I almost stopped

the order when I heard the shipping amount, but

I didn't. The saleswoman told me "Oh they

pack it really nice". I kept calling back to

possibly cancel since I was annoyed at the

shipping. They told me that they couldn't

provide a tracking number, but it had definitely

shipped. When I finally got a tracking number,

I found that it had not shipped at the time of

my many calls. It finally shipped out of

Florida! After more than two weeks, I finally

received the DVD player. It was simply shipped

in it's original box with a label stuck on it.

There was a nice small hole in the side from

shipping (some nice packing for my $27).

Luckily, there was no damage to the player and

it worked fine.

----------------

On 12/27/2002 9:07:46 PM markmaple wrote:

I have bought once from Crazy Eddie (about 6

weeks ago) and wasn't too happy with the

situation. First off, they make up for good

prices by charging rediculous shipping

charges. I bought a DVD player and

they charged $27 shipping! I almost stopped

the order when I heard the shipping amount, but

I didn't. The saleswoman told me "Oh they

pack it really nice". I kept calling back to

possibly cancel since I was annoyed at the

shipping. They told me that they couldn't

provide a tracking number, but it had definitely

shipped. When I finally got a tracking number,

I found that it had not shipped at the time of

my many calls. It finally shipped out of

Florida! After more than two weeks, I finally

received the DVD player. It was simply shipped

in it's original box with a label stuck on it.

There was a nice small hole in the side from

shipping (some nice packing for my $27).

Luckily, there was no damage to the player and

it worked fine.

----------------

Thanks for the info.. thats probably why they only rate 3 out of 5 stars by yahoo shopping. Your statement about shipping is correct these sites gouge the consumer on shipping when they receive the cheapest shipping rates base on the amount they ship over the year. The RC-3 II can be had from an authorized dealer about an 1 hours drive from my location the price is 299 + tax so about 325. thats about 75 dollars more then the cheapest place online and not authourized. But for that price i could get some quintets for my front effects and the rc-3 II. Decisions decisions.4.gif