RF7iii v a31; could use more amps?

DJLeBlanc77

a31 > RF7III > Gains Knobs what say you?

Anyone juiced a pair of RF7iii's with JC1+'s? Asking this because I have the rf7iii's and rc64iii as my front stage, pushing them with a Parasound a31. I'm thinking those 4 10's, (in the RF cabs) could use more amps. I have a modern Marantz Processor, cables, other separate amps, 11.3,,blah, blah,,,,Was on the phone with PHT and they said to turn up the gain knobs on the back of the Parasound.

*Has any of you turned up the gains knobs on you Parasound with RF7iii's? 

* Should I bi-wire off the a31?

*Should I bi-amp off the Processor onto a separate 2chan amp to the lower binding post on the RFs?

Thanks in advance

If you are not getting enough volume out of the RF7s then of course why not turn up the gain? Bi wire? only your ears can tell you if that was worth the extra wire. If you bi amp does your processor handle the crossover? Or will you still have to use the passive crossovers in the speakers. If the later, again only your ears can tell you if it was worth it.

5 hours ago, DJLeBlanc77 said:

Was on the phone with PHT and they said to turn up the gain knobs on the back of the Parasound.

The gain levels should be all the up as a default setting, most amps run full gain with no adjustment available. The gain control is there as a simple way / option to level match the output of your speakers if needed, most can do this through their processor. 

• Like 1

@DJLeBlanc77 -- i agree with the others -- the gain on the a31 should be all the way up and let the processor level match.  bi-wiring is something you'll have to decide -- only do it if you think it sounds better.  i wouldn't think it would make much difference in an ht set-up.  for bi-amping, i think that seems like you'd be making things more complicated than they need to be, but use your ears to decide.  in general, i think the a31 should be able to provide you all the juice you need.