Are Mundorf caps suitable for a crossover filter

Flevoman

Hello,

Monday someone is going to replace the capacitors of my crossover filter of my Chorus 1 speakers.

This person advised to use Mundorf capacitors.

They weren't very expensive in terms of price, so that's okay, I'm purely concerned with the audio..

Is this good advice and can I indeed use Mundorf caps for the filter?

Well, Mundorf sells all kinds of capacitors. From cheap to very expensive. They are certainly ok, it depends on which type is installed in your Xover.
Since the company is here near me also in Cologne, Germany and I could buy directly from the factory at good conditions, I once afforded silver oil 6.8 uF 18 years ago. To be honest, average capacitors would have done for my project. As far as I know, Mundorf does not manufacture all of the capacitors themselves but buys everywhere and labels them Mundorf. You don't hear any complaints about the quality and reliability and in the end it's a matter of taste what you find good sounding.

https://www.mundorf.com/audio/en/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Flevoman said:

I have noticed 😉

But I understand that a question is often difficult to answer with only a yes or a no. 

But it is clear to me that Mundorf is a fine brand to use. 

Yes😎