Which Receiver??

spin

I settled for the Pioneer 49txi. To say I absolutely love it is an understatement.

When it came to replace my Onkyo I started looking at the vsx 47 but then went on line and purchased the 49txi.

Some say I should have went in the direction of seperates but I am very happy I went the way of the pioneer.

The VSX47 is a great deal for the money, IMHO.

There are a number of people posting on the board with the VSX 47.

I think you will really like the unit and won't be disappointed.

Good Luck,

Scott

You'd be doing well with either one. I like the Pioneer in my price range over the Denon, but I think you have a closer comparison with these two models. You definitely get a cooler remote with the Denon, and I like the crossover options better, but I am very loyal to Pioneer. With the Pioneer, you get the Set up Mic, which sets you levels, delays, eq's, etc. Very cool! You could also look for a VSX-49tx (not txi) for about the same price as the 47tx. You would get better accoustic calibration, touch screen remote and Video Up-conversion. It also has a lot of other cool features for multi channel music, speaker settings, etc. You can even bi-amp your front speakers with the extra two (7.1) channels if you are only running 5.1!!

Well, I did it. I ordered the 47TX. Here is the full story.

I got one of the first Denon AVR 3803s off the dock. I received it on 11/15 at my home and paid 1099 for it. I liked it for the 2 weeks UNTIL.... something happened to the decoding. I talked to Denon told them the problems that I was having and they agreed that it was defective. I called the online dealer that I bought it from. They went over the same stuff trying to tell me that I had it setup wrong, then they offered me a new one. I thought that was great. They told me to package it up and they would send for a pickup from UPSin a couple of days and send me a new one when they received the defective one. Eagerly I packaged it up and put it in the corner of the room where it sat for 3 weeks. I called every other day for those 4 weeks and they told me "in a couple of days". Finally after talking to someone else, they picked it up on Christmas Eve. (After the first 2 weeks I told them to charge me for a new one,credit my account later and send it to me so I could have it b4 Christmas.

Its been over 2 weeks since I ordered the other Denon 3803 and I still havent gotten it. I call them and they tell me that it is now on backorder. So.... here we are today. I created this post yesterday because I decided I didn't want to wait on another Denon that could possibly be defective. I started looking at the 4802, but the Elite series caught my eye. I read about the acoustic calibration and so on. After reading some of the previous replies to my post, I did decide to get the 49tx. I called a different dealer and got a price on the 47, 49 and 49TXi. Then I called the dealer I got my receiver from and got a price. At first he was higher. I asked if he would match and he said yes if it is an "Authorized Dealer", I said yes and told him $2799 for TXi and $1850 for the 47TX at the other place, and he started backing down. Then he put me on hold and came back to tell me he was out of stock on the 49 and the 49txi, but he could sell me the 47tx for 1850 plus 30.00 for shipping. He told me that it would be a longer wait for the pioneer than the denon if I wanted the 49. So, I decided to save a little cash and get the 47 and have it by monday. I really wanted the 49txi, but I will settle for the 47.

I hope that I have not made a mistake by not going back with the Denon. The 3803 has video upconversion. I dont think the 47tx has it, but is it really that big a deal??

Thanks to all for the replies.

Well Spin no video upconversion on the 47, how that affects you will depend on your display inputs and source outputs, for me no problem.It's a pretty intelligent reciever- real easy to get up and running good, so you'll be smiling sooner! I've enjoyed trouble free performance and still marvel at how well it makes my Klipsch perform.9.gif

Of all the seperate emails i have done to members and others i am glad they will be enjoying some thing real nice for a change other than having all of denons problems,And not only denon.Pioneer has always been one step ahead of the pack when it came to a/v receivers,When they first pulled the parts out of the bag 14 yrs ago and introduced dolby prologic recievers,And now the first to introduce ultra 2,vsx 9300,vsx9500,vsx9700,This was the year i started to sell them and tearing them apart.When these were out they had far better amplification then even the 47/49 today,they were just as clean of an amp but had .005% thd,47/49 now have .05%.really unnoticable but on some speakers i can hear the dif.One other difference i see on todays and the older units,Volume on older units had more of a kick of power when you slowly turned it up,The oldy's had more reserve power also.As far as features all three came with dolby pro logic and your normal simulation sounds,9500 came in with a center channel amp out and also the 9700,9300 had outputs for running a seperate amp for a sub,It had no center channel built in,all three had the adentical amplification 125 per channel @.005%,rear channel 30 per channel,All three of these pioneers were but kicking amps and they sold thousands,And I am positive many are still enjoyed.

CONGRATS

Spin you are not settling for the 47tx. You are getting one heck of a receiver that you will love.. Saving the $1000 was a smart decision. If it wasn't for the fact I came across a little extra cash I would have the 47 sitting on my stand.

Monday is right around the corner. I suspect someone just might all of a sudden be a little under the weather come Tuesday 11.gif.

Congrats again and I know you will love it........